Roy Mar 18, 2013 @ 2:35pm
New dropdown menu's
Simply amazing steam, this is SO useful and it speeds up things a LOT. What are your thoughts guys? The menu you get when you hover your mouse over library or community etc.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Roy Mar 19, 2013 @ 6:14am 
Originally posted by TheBDK:
Not very mobile friendly, but other than that I kinda like it. However activity has been replaced as default start community page for a giant mess of nothing useful. That one I do not like at all. Oh and of course it also lists stuff by popularity instead of the new stuff first, making it even more useless to me.
I kind of like the activity page, although they should really start with new stuff, yeah. I haven't tried it on mobile though, are you talking about the steam app?
Fisix Mar 19, 2013 @ 6:30am 
Yeah it looks alright, but I've had to download and apply the update 4 times so far, and I don't have Mcafee. Which really isn't good enough...
Herald_UK Mar 19, 2013 @ 6:40am 
Been having a few teething troubles since the updates. Keeps freezing and crashing out. Not all the time, but never had this problem before the updates. Usually happens after I've been in game. Hope this is a common enough of a problem for them to sort out. Getting kinda annoying.. Other than that. Yeah it's OK : )
Roy Mar 19, 2013 @ 6:59am 
Originally posted by H0L_UK:
Been having a few teething troubles since the updates. Keeps freezing and crashing out. Not all the time, but never had this problem before the updates. Usually happens after I've been in game. Hope this is a common enough of a problem for them to sort out. Getting kinda annoying.. Other than that. Yeah it's OK : )
Sounds like a pain in the ♥♥♥ though. I honestly didn't have those problems yet, maybe you might wanna report it or something :D
Herald_UK Mar 19, 2013 @ 8:11am 
Perhaps. Though I kinda get the feeling that they haven't done tweaking yet. So maybe I'll hang on to see if it persists. See how it pans out n that... Besides. By the time I've got a response, odds are it will have sorted itself out anyways.
b33f3r Mar 19, 2013 @ 11:48am 
i agree in with the OP.

i do like the new menus and they add some nice functionality.

caveat: i am habituated to the single click method of previous iterations and the current iteration requires a double-click or two clicks in different locations to navigate to things a single click used to. this change causes me consternation as i am repeatedly halted during my usage of the various facets of steam due to my above described neural conditioning. i find my self doing a single click then moving the mouse and waiting for the action that would have happened in previous versions before realizing that all my single click did was open a drop-down menu. i search in the new menu for what i want and then click that. this new requirement hinders my usage as compared to the acceleration experience by the OP. i find myself wishing that the main heading acted the way they used to on single mouse click. but since i like the menus i want them to be on mouse-over/hover giving me the increased navigation options they afford while not barring my progress out right.

also @TheBDK makes some very good points (reply #1)

EDIT: ok when i initially wrote this the menus were not appearing on mouse-over/hover on the section headings. within the last 15 minutes that has changed and now they seem to be. no restart, no update, no settings change that i am aware of. with the now current functionality i have no complaints about the menus.

default sort on community > activity seems to remain "most popular" which i think is silly.
Last edited by b33f3r; Mar 19, 2013 @ 12:15pm
lobZik Mar 19, 2013 @ 1:58pm 
Hate this new menus!
b33f3r Mar 19, 2013 @ 2:07pm 
Originally posted by lobZik:
Hate this new menus!

that is some grade AAA+++ constructive criticism you got there buddy! you best be guarding that real close now ... as it is useless to any one but you. why do you hate them so much?
Sloppy Seconds Mar 19, 2013 @ 3:24pm 
They're alright. They seem a lot more responsive then the old ones though, so that's a plus.

I can't help but feel that Valve is going down a dark path by adding in a tab called "New Sloppy Seconds". Smooth Valve, smooth.
Last edited by Sloppy Seconds; Mar 19, 2013 @ 3:24pm
Tuxheia Mar 19, 2013 @ 3:57pm 
I like it.
Haven't had a problem with it, and visually, it's quite nice ^^
HeeweesRus Mar 19, 2013 @ 4:51pm 
it doesnt work right.
wookquee Mar 19, 2013 @ 5:11pm 
Seems better than before. I cant complain.
redLine Mar 20, 2013 @ 2:25pm 
Valve is adding a lot of content to Steam and they need to give us more settings to organize it to our liking. Instead of just using one window to view it all, at least give us some tabbing ability and let us choose what content we want on top or view fist. As the only settings we have for this now seems to be the favorite window under settings and a few game/friends tagging.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 18, 2013 @ 2:35pm