TopDamageWizard 2013 年 4 月 12 日 下午 10:57
The reason to stop pre-ordering games
Love steam, Hate pre-orders
http://store.steampowered.com
< >
目前顯示第 1-10 則留言,共 10
Ganger 2013 年 4 月 13 日 上午 12:24 
I disagree, but I can't talk for places like gamestop, game etc but on steam sometimes you get some kind of reward for pre-ordering, like a discount of 10%, a free game or even items for games such as team fortress II.

Even at game in the UK you get double reward points if you pre-order games, but I guess for most people a money discount is what makes them buy.About rubbish games being made, poeple will always buy rubbish games no matter what but one gamers crap is another gamers haven.

It reminds me of the british car industry in the 1970's and 1980's, were british people would buy british cars just because their were british made but in fact these cars were just pain rubbish and thats why they all went out of business.
Dreakon13 2013 年 4 月 13 日 上午 7:36 
Wasted 2 minutes and 43 seconds of my life watching that. I probably wouldn't mind if news came out the guy who made this video hurled himself off a building shortly after posting it.

Pre-ordering will happen regardless of incentive... it may get a few more bucks in their pocket if they offer up season passes and free games to do it, but why exactly is that a bad thing? Why is that making people angry? That people are spending their money the way they choose to, getting free ♥♥♥♥ for a game they intended to buy day one anyways? Even if this encourages more people to pre-order that normally wouldn't, unless you're "suckered" into doing it, why do you care? It's their money.

What will getting rid of pre-orders accomplish exactly? Do you think DLC will magically become free? This incentive program came LONG after the existance of paid DLC and expansion packs.

The video just reeks of bias against the series (based on "what he's heard"), Capcom and DLC. Literally nothing of value came out of what I just watched.
最後修改者:Dreakon13; 2013 年 4 月 13 日 上午 7:48
TopDamageWizard 2013 年 4 月 13 日 下午 1:19 
[quote=Dreakon;828935672925389985

What will getting rid of pre-orders accomplish exactly? Do you think DLC will magically become free? This incentive program came LONG after the existance of paid DLC and expansion packs.

The video just reeks of bias against the series (based on "what he's heard"), Capcom and DLC. Literally nothing of value came out of what I just watched. [/quote]

Wow Mr Angry. Well I'll answer your question. It would force publishers to release better games. Because they would not have their investment money all ready waiting for them on launch day. There is no incentive to make a good game when you know you can get your money back by just offering trivial pre order bonuses. Don't belive me? Go check the forums for all the people that pre-ordered Aliens or my god Duke Nuke'um forever right here on steam. There is no incentive to the consumer for pre-ordering or to the creative process. You might not remember the good ol' days when dinosaurs ruled the earth and publishers had to release a GOOD game for people to buy it. Now all it takes is an advert and the promise of a collectors edition aluminum dog tag to move the game.
最後修改者:TopDamageWizard; 2013 年 4 月 13 日 下午 1:24
Dreakon13 2013 年 4 月 13 日 下午 6:39 
引用自 djrobertjohnson
Wow Mr Angry. Well I'll answer your question. It would force publishers to release better games. Because they would not have their investment money all ready waiting for them on launch day. There is no incentive to make a good game when you know you can get your money back by just offering trivial pre order bonuses. Don't belive me? Go check the forums for all the people that pre-ordered Aliens or my god Duke Nuke'um forever right here on steam. There is no incentive to the consumer for pre-ordering or to the creative process. You might not remember the good ol' days when dinosaurs ruled the earth and publishers had to release a GOOD game for people to buy it. Now all it takes is an advert and the promise of a collectors edition aluminum dog tag to move the game.
We don't know how many people are pre-ordering these games. You're assuming these incentives are making developers so much revenue in pre-orders that it's actually matching development costs and turning a profit. And you're making that assumption simply because the bonuses exist... that's not a logical step to make.

A forum population is not an accurate representation of anything, there are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of people not on the forums doing things you can't possibly know. What we can logically assume, a game like Aliens being a bust, people will be tentative to pre-order anything from them again. Consumers can and will make these adjustments naturally. You don't need to tell them what to do with their money.

If Resident Evil Revelations does see a good pre-order turnout... maybe it just means Resident Evil 6 and it's DLC were not as bad/unreasonable as that biased, pointless video made it out to be. The reception of past Capcom titles (and specifically the RE series) will have a far greater impact on future game sales then any pre-order incentive.
最後修改者:Dreakon13; 2013 年 4 月 13 日 下午 7:03
Satoru 2013 年 4 月 13 日 下午 6:48 
I preorderd Bioshock Infinite

I got a $30 credit fora future 2K game that I'll be using for God and Kings

I enjoyed every single second I was playing Bioshock Infinite

Like anything else pre-orders can be a good or a bad thing. You take a risk/reward when you do it. Don't want to risk, then taht's fine.
TopDamageWizard 2013 年 4 月 13 日 下午 7:20 
If you think that the marketing team makes up those tiers out of thin air then you are naive. Also its not just one forum. It's the consensus of the mainstream and internet gaming media. If I had to guess I would say your uber-hostility is because you pre-order a lot of stuff then have to defend your decisions so aggresively. Let your anger flow and align your jimmies. It's okay eveyone makes mistakes. And to the Bioshock guy. Its a sad day when a AAA title that meets the quality of gameplay expectations that gamers have is the exception and not the rule. Outside of your steam bubble people think and feel a lot diffrently then you. Seriously come check it out sometime.
Dreakon13 2013 年 4 月 13 日 下午 8:58 
引用自 djrobertjohnson
If you think that the marketing team makes up those tiers out of thin air then you are naive. Also its not just one forum. It's the consensus of the mainstream and internet gaming media
I've never seen someone speak so confidently, while offering absolutely nothing to back up what they are saying. You do realize that your "proof" was a biased YouTube video made by someone who admits he didn't even play the series/preorder he was criticizing? Since when has it become acceptable to make points and back it up with "well, that's what people are saying"?

Since you ignored pretty much every point I made and seem to think I was saying something about marketing teams making up the tiers out of thin air... I'm not really sure the point in continuing to talk to you.
最後修改者:Dreakon13; 2013 年 4 月 13 日 下午 9:08
TopDamageWizard 2013 年 4 月 14 日 上午 2:24 
http://kotaku.com/5909105/stop-preordering-video-games-please

found this for you. but like you said I'm just one crazy dude. nobody thinks pre-orders hurt gaming., I guess you're right. sigh....
Tito Shivan 2013 年 4 月 14 日 上午 3:19 
引用自 djrobertjohnson

found this for you. but like you said I'm just one crazy dude. nobody thinks pre-orders hurt gaming., I guess you're right. sigh....
That kotaku article is full of nothing than air. Kotaku seems to forget that games nowadays are marketed the same wya preorders or not.
And considering that the brief period of preorder time, with all those pre-sales, has any meaningful impact on de development process of a game is just wishful thinking from someone who has never developed anything.

The writer shoots left and right, pulling all the strings in order to hit something.
Bad game content, DLC splitting, lack of demos, retail offer diferentiation... all of that happens because of preorders. Yeah sure.

He forgets why publishers can push a load of crap inside a game, it's just because of the name.
Activision could pretty much not allow preorders of the next CoD and still relase in the very same baked-again-content, full of little DLC map expansions cow-milking scheme... Would no preorders change anything?
NO. Because it's frigging CoD!!!!! Hordes of kiddos will throw their moneys at activision just to play the game, whatever it has inside. It's the franchise what lets publishers do what the article blames on preorders, not the preorders themselves.

Just-Another-Kotaku-Rant-that-reminded-me-why-i-don't-read-them-anymore.
Dreakon13 2013 年 4 月 14 日 上午 9:26 
引用自 djrobertjohnson

Can you please just tell me why there wouldn't naturally be less pre-orders for games/companies with a reputation of releasing poor products?

That article doesn't come close to responding to any of my points, it regurgitates that tired opinion you copy and pasted from it pretty well though...
最後修改者:Dreakon13; 2013 年 4 月 14 日 上午 9:44
< >
目前顯示第 1-10 則留言,共 10
每頁顯示: 1530 50

張貼日期: 2013 年 4 月 12 日 下午 10:57
回覆: 10