JayXan Mar 18, 2013 @ 1:59pm
I'm really tired of steam mods deleting any game review that isnt positive.
This isnt effing north korea its called freedom of speech. If a game sucks and there is constructive feedback wether its good or bad leave it the eff alone. People like myself have purchased a lot of crappy games because of mods that delete the bad reviews. All this does is makes me less trusting of steam, makes me less trusting of the genre. Leave the bad reviews alone I want to read them so I can make my decision on spending money on a game. Ive spent thousands of dollars on steam and I am about to take my money elsewhere because of this censorship bs.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Spawn of Totoro Mar 18, 2013 @ 2:08pm 
Originally posted by xandramas:
This isnt effing north korea its called freedom of speech.

That only applie to the government, not private companies.

If a game sucks and there is constructive feedback wether its good or bad leave it the eff alone.

If it doesn't cause people to start a flame war and end up insulting each other, then it would be fine. After that happens, they are right to lock and/or remove the thread.

People like myself have purchased a lot of crappy games because of mods that delete the bad reviews.

I can find a bad review for any game. On and/or off Steam. If you are using steam as your sole place for reviews, that is a mistake in and of it's self.

Leave the bad reviews alone I want to read them so I can make my decision on spending money on a game.

As long as the thread stays in the rules, it will stay. I've sen any bad review thread for many game on here that stay around.

Ive spent thousands of dollars on steam and I am about to take my money elsewhere because of this censorship bs.

What censorship? I've only seen the current rules being properly enforced. Some mod lock a thread, some remove it. It just depends on who is monitoring that forum. Either way, they are right to do so.
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Mar 18, 2013 @ 2:09pm 
Indeed, I whole heartedly ageree with the concept..I cannot say for sure that I have seen this happen, but you can bet on it seeing as they are a free enterprize out to make money...if a product has a bad rating then LOL yeah I would want to tweak it to my benefit rather than have a bad review on there...but listen..the North Korea bit...it's the same everywhere dude, just under a different flag ;) sorry...

I agree with totoro about it being there until the s**t hits the fan..we need to keep it friendly and civilised, and well, this place is a bit like the wild west sometimes hehe...

Listen...talk to your friends about a game...talk to gamers, post a thread if you arent sure, that's what id do...get first hand reviews off us!!! in real time :D

IN FACT...gimme a game you wanna know about just put it down on here....start a review thread right here buddy:D
Ganger Mar 18, 2013 @ 3:17pm 
Constructive criticism is fine on the forums, but when people start flaming a game or a person with no reason what so ever then I believe it's right for mods to delete posts.

Xandramas, this is one of your threads on the DLC quest forum...

'find the demo first, all I have to say.
Not much going on in this game. I've played flash games with a lot more content.'

Firstly, you don't give any vaild point on why people should not be buying DLC quest and what you do say could be constituted as trolling just because they is no reason for your thread.

If you stated in that thread something along the lines as, I believe people shouldn't be buying the game because ----- (then add some vaild reason but in a constructive way that doesn't look like trolling).
BDK Mar 18, 2013 @ 3:18pm 
The interwebs is a big place, there are websites with reviews where they don't censor anything.
Law Mar 18, 2013 @ 3:43pm 
The bad reviews people often write in the "recommendation" box? Half of mine are negative, but I don't think any have been removed.
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Mar 18, 2013 @ 4:16pm 
the thread here is only just getting started really, but I hope it helps to enrich your perspective on the matter, plus..you got some good advice here on how to check a game out first :P...see, not that bad after all, is it? :D

What I am STILL learning about discussions, is that people have bagage, and sometimes that baggage shows in their comments..All you have to do is filter out the comments so you can see what's being said..ignore any negative stuff that doesn't help..and look for the constructive advice or look at how someone else views something..if what they say contains nothing useful, well..you can just ignore it..

Hmm, the best piece of advice you can take away with you here...
is about looking for a demo version (google) and looking at PC gamer sites (google), courtesy of these dudes here.. GOOD LUCK! :D
[dirrty]gsharp Mar 18, 2013 @ 5:15pm 
This isnt effing north korea its called freedom of speech...

If only. Then we could ship people like you who have absolutely no clue about your First Amendment rights to a re-education camp and you could learn about them.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 18, 2013 @ 1:59pm