Hozzy_Bear Dec 3, 2013 @ 12:51pm
Failed to contact key server
I am getting really hacked off now because i constantly get the error message in the title when trying to play age of empires 3 complete collection. i just bought it off steam and i cant even play it!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 54 comments
Black Blade Dec 3, 2013 @ 1:11pm 
Maybe its under heavy load right now i think try a little later if it keeps coming try to restart Steam if that dose not help then maybe connect support
Hozzy_Bear Dec 3, 2013 @ 1:31pm 
but this is like buying a car and not being able to drive it because the dealer cant be arsed to give you the keys.
Falro the Great Dec 3, 2013 @ 1:39pm 
Originally posted by Pennywise:
but this is like buying a car and not being able to drive it because the dealer cant be arsed to give you the keys.
You can't really use that comparison, because physical goods are much different than digital goods. While there are limited cars in a lot, you can just keep creating more and more copies of a game.
Special Oops Dec 3, 2013 @ 1:44pm 
It's like being at the second window of McDonalds after having paid for your meal, and there is a mammoth queue of hungry people inside plus a car park full of people waiting in cars for their orders. Worst case they will run out of food, and you will need to wait until another delivery arrives - luckily this worst case scenario doesn't happen often, but anything above a short wait can be frustrating! Happens most often during sales when demand is much higher than anticipated, or they perhaps just decided not to put additional key servers online to save $$$... Hope you get connected soon!
Black Blade Dec 3, 2013 @ 1:57pm 
Originally posted by Pennywise:
yes but the difference is that i have already paid for its so it should just be there.
Bugs happen and unlike the car you say before these one work for most of the users... you will just have to wait a lttle for these to be fix and you will be able to drive to the sunset... just dont look at the sun... its a bad idea... also don't get too close to that tree...
Hozzy_Bear Dec 3, 2013 @ 2:03pm 
ye ok, would be good to get an estimate of how long im gonna have to wait
Kravoon Dec 3, 2013 @ 3:59pm 
yep having the same failed to contact key server problem. just got the game during the sale too!
Last edited by Kravoon; Dec 3, 2013 @ 3:59pm
mrjobcook Dec 3, 2013 @ 5:45pm 
yeh im having this issue to, I thought it was just me. if either of yours start working could you contact me please thank you
Dreador Dec 3, 2013 @ 5:57pm 
I also get the same "Failed to contact key server" message.
Tyr Dec 3, 2013 @ 6:11pm 
It looks like a 3rd party server issue. Can't play 3 of my games online, but I can play TF2. Seems many people are having this issue and it looks like the patch is what did it.
Evo Nightmare Dec 3, 2013 @ 6:34pm 
Looks like Valve temporarily ran out of keys.

From the AoE III board: failed to contact key server
Originally posted by MS Ryz0n:
There is no relevance to GFWL here, the product does not use it any way. Short version from what I can tell is that steam's batch of keys we sent them got used up - we've had a generation request in for more for a little while now when valve notified us that they were getting low and I've continued pushing it through our system here. I expect to receive the generated keys in the next day or so and will be providing them to valve as soon as they hit my inbox. From there they'll get into your hands very quickly too. I apologize for the inconvenience - we're working to get you sorted asap.
chuychava Dec 3, 2013 @ 8:53pm 
I am new to Steam, not a gamer. I just bought the AOE III because I liked the first AOE. I am disapointed.
mrjobcook Dec 4, 2013 @ 5:40am 
is anyones working now??
Biertje Dec 4, 2013 @ 7:41am 
Originally posted by chuychava:
I am new to Steam, not a gamer. I just bought the AOE III because I liked the first AOE. I am disapointed.

Yeah same situation here. I sent a support ticket about this issue as many have been having same issues
Hozzy_Bear Dec 4, 2013 @ 8:19am 
still waiting for key
< >
Showing 1-15 of 54 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 3, 2013 @ 12:51pm