Joeisawesome35 15 nov, 2013 @ 11:22am
Loading Screen Lag
Well, whenever i play almost any game, when I'm at a loading screen it runs really slow and lags, but in-game it runs just fine. I have another computer that the loading screen loads fine. So that means it's not internet. Please help, it's very annoying!
Visar 1-5 av 5 kommentarer
< >
ReBoot 15 nov, 2013 @ 4:17pm 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Joeisawesome35:
Well, whenever i play almost any game, when I'm at a loading screen it runs really slow and lags, but in-game it runs just fine. I have another computer that the loading screen loads fine. So that means it's not internet. Please help, it's very annoying!
Looks like your hard disc is the limit.
Tabris DarkPeace 16 nov, 2013 @ 1:49am 
It's is usually the real-time scanning feature of anti-virus products that cause this.
Some scan inside game files like archives (.CAB, .ZIP, .RAR, etc.) and some do not.

Either change AntiVirus product on that PC, or set-up a real-time scanner exclusion on the game or games folder(s) that are affected.

Also, defrag your HDD and make sure all volumes/drives on the affected PC have at least 15% free space. Ideally 20% or more free HDD space. You may need to make multiple defragmentation passes and possibly look into a tool to defragment your Pagefile, MFT, etc. (Some PC's get all the luck, whilst others are just abysmal in this regard).
Senast ändrad av Tabris DarkPeace; 16 nov, 2013 @ 1:51am
Joeisawesome35 1 dec, 2013 @ 12:19pm 
I think it might be that my hard drive is getting full, so i will clean it up. I will tell you what happens. Thanks for your help
Dixie Flatline 1 dec, 2013 @ 1:49pm 
Check SMART status just in case
Defrag hard drive
Reduce pageing levels (use more system RAM if available)*
Uncompress hard-drive
Cleanup Hard-Drive

Limit anti-malware and shadowing/backup monitoring services that may be reading changed or accessed files.
Limit NTFS access streams.

Install games to a different drive (not just a different partition, a different DRIVE!)
Limit other processes that run simultaneously/concurrently that read from the same drive or utiise the same resources - typically aeroeffect desktop managers, music players, audio/visual recording or moniitoring (i.e. FRAPS)

Do not allow programs & features to update or other tasks scheduled to run during gameplay time. Some programs will have features to disable these events when FullScreen apps are running.

Do not overzealously cleanup read/write caching, prefetching, superfetching and other OS disc access optimisations
____

*Unless you have a low (<3G) RAM anyway, in which case this might be the reason, since
Joeisawesome35 19 jan @ 3:36pm 
I'm still having problems, but I am defragging my hdd.
Visar 1-5 av 5 kommentarer
< >
Per sida: 15 30 50
Datum skrivet: 15 nov, 2013 @ 11:22am