此主题已被锁定
ratarsed666 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 12:57
retro games , are they flooding steam.
Since the steam green light has enabled more people to make games that can be then marketed on steam ive noticed that nearly 3/4 of games on special offer are indie low buget games and the prices are crazy for the quality.
I think that as well as letting us vote on the game on the green light system they should tell you the market price if chosen, because i am sure if the game looks amusing for a few hours casual playing a price tag of 7+ pounds might make you reject the game for being bad value for money.
The quality of some of the games is poor nintedo standard only not as polished.
< >
正在显示第 1 - 15 条,共 53 条留言
Coookie 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 1:13 
Nintendo standard? I don't know what you're talking about.
ratarsed666 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 1:17 
lol have you seen wagon adventure, im sorry i ment spectum with a rubber key pad standard.
Satoru 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 1:31 
Graphics is not the sole arbiter of quality of a game

Monaco The World Is Mine
yusupov 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 1:34 
yeah if theyre exceptionally well done.

it seems too many are doing it as a bogus artistic statement. sure monaco is fun & thomas was alone was even beautiful in its way. but those are grand exceptions imo.
ratarsed666 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 1:57 
satoru i do agree but the standard has dropped.
monaco is a good game , a diamond in a sea of turd though.
game play is every thing and i own a lot of indy titles, but some of these games are similar to the games i played in the 80's on my spectrum 48k and they still ask 7 quid or more.
Ultrapwnd 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 2:08 
If someone else likes those games, let them enjoy and buy it. Nobody is forcing you to buy a game you don't like.
ratarsed666 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 2:22 
i know that ultrapwnd but , im questoning the value for money,some of these games might be bloody amazing but the amount of cash you have to pay for some games resticts sales by putting people off, and with the trend for unfinnished games charging beta testers for there help steam customers are getting taken for a ride willingly or not.
i beta tested on WOWP and WOT and they appreciated the testers efforts and they didnt charge me for the expirience.
im not slagging poeples efforts just the value for money in some cases.
crunchyfrog 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 2:23 
引用自 ratarsed666
satoru i do agree but the standard has dropped.
monaco is a good game , a diamond in a sea of turd though.
game play is every thing and i own a lot of indy titles, but some of these games are similar to the games i played in the 80's on my spectrum 48k and they still ask 7 quid or more.

The standard has not dropped - you are just seeing the bad and not looking at the good.

There's tons of good games and there isn't any real drop in quality.

However, none of this really matters to you. You simply can ignore them. What you seem to be basing your complaint on is that you seem to think there's a finite number of "shelf space" available and such "bad" games (in your opinion) are taking up space that other game might occupy - it doesn't work like that.

If you're not assuming this, then I honestly don't see why you're complaining as it doesn't affect you in any way.
最后由 crunchyfrog 编辑于; 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 2:25
ratarsed666 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 2:45 
Limbo now that was a good game,and world of goo, stacking kept my mrs quiet for ages, you see they were simple ideas done in a good way and i payed 2 or 3 quid for each in a sale and got outstanding value for money.
i didnt feel cheated , they were hours if not days of fun.
look at some of the prices on some indi games and tell me that you like paying for an unreveiwed, unfinished game that might have you bord stupid with it by the time that it finally gets released.
ratarsed666 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 2:55 
heres an idea why not make the green light games free for a weekend and if poeple like them they will pay?.
that way it has to aleast have playability that will grab you for a few hours.
ratarsed666 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 2:57 
or have downloadable demo's
WhiteDynamite 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 3:25 
I wish they added some NES games like TMNT3, Flintstones, Chip N Dale, etc. Maybe NES collection?
crunchyfrog 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 3:39 
引用自 ratarsed666
Limbo now that was a good game,and world of goo, stacking kept my mrs quiet for ages, you see they were simple ideas done in a good way and i payed 2 or 3 quid for each in a sale and got outstanding value for money.
i didnt feel cheated , they were hours if not days of fun.
look at some of the prices on some indi games and tell me that you like paying for an unreveiwed, unfinished game that might have you bord stupid with it by the time that it finally gets released.

That's an entirely different kettle of fish. You could equally say the same for many AAA releases. There aren't unreviewed at all, so I don't know where you're getting tghat idea from. Neither are the vast majority anything like unfinished - this just sounds like scaremongering.

Getting back to the point you were trying to make is that "retro/indie" games are popping up - yes they are, and do you know why? Because the DEMAND for them is there.

But you claimed rather sweepingly that the standards are slipping, and I'm afraid I see no evidence of that whatsoever. You can point to Greenlight, but the whole point is that Greenlight games are being OFFERED for acceptance - not all get through, and from what I've seen it is rare that something awful gets through.

I think you're just being sweeping and unfair.

I like your idea about Greenlight games having a free weekend or period - that would be a great idea as it's night on impossible to vote for a game and know how it's going to turn out. However a demo for such games is going to be tough - constructing a demo takes a lot of time and resources (more than you might think), and as most indie devs have rather small resources, this would undoubtedly impact on them heavily.

Personally, I'm glad that digital distribution has caught on so that indie devs can get their games out now - I've bought enough on PC, PS3, 360, DS, PSP and Wii to show there are PLENTY of good quality.
最后由 crunchyfrog 编辑于; 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 3:46
ratarsed666 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 4:01 
a different kettle of fish maybe but it still comes down to value for money.
good games are out there but it's having to dig through the dross to get to them.
every time you want to find any none bias info on a game i have to google it and read what ever you can find , negativety seem to be jumped on, on these forums.
if you buy a full price game you get a metascore with player reveiws, why dont steam do similar with indi games and allow honest player reviews.
having divided loyalties by steam between players and small developers makes it hard for steam to critirise the games they sell.
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 4:07 
引用自 ratarsed666
a different kettle of fish maybe but it still comes down to value for money.
good games are out there but it's having to dig through the dross to get to them.
every time you want to find any none bias info on a game i have to google it and read what ever you can find , negativety seem to be jumped on, on these forums.
if you buy a full price game you get a metascore with player reveiws, why dont steam do similar with indi games and allow honest player reviews.
having divided loyalties by steam between players and small developers makes it hard for steam to critirise the games they sell.

Steam isn't a place for anyone to criticise video games.
< >
正在显示第 1 - 15 条,共 53 条留言
每页显示数: 1530 50

发帖日期: 2013 年 10 月 22 日 下午 12:57
回复数: 53