Nikitis Oct 23, 2013 @ 8:59pm
SteamOS Beta, General hint to a release date.
Hello,

I just want to say the momentum of the announcement was so great, and then the week long announcements were also great, but now here I am wanting something so badly but I am no longer hearing anymore news regarding SteamOS. I was wondering if there was a way to beta test it beyond the 300 beta testers such as being able to download the OS early and trying it out on a home built system?

Also, I understand the complexities that go with building an Operating System, and do not expect a finished product, but we would like an idea as to how soon this will release or go out for open beta. I'm just dying to get a copy of SteamOS. You have to understand something about Linux users like myself. We absolutely crave unfinished products! We won't judge, but will offer help in fixing bugs for you to bring the product to fruition quicker.

So consider this a formal request for a very generalized date. (Give us something in the way of information please!)

Thanks!

P.S. I wish very much to help beta test this software. Consider this my request!

Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
crunchyfrog Oct 23, 2013 @ 10:12pm 
Firstly, if this is directed as a request to Valve, this is not likely to get their attention - there are generally only users here.

Secondly, if you paid attention to the announcements you speak of, then you'd know when to expect it - and that is not yet.

Patience. These things take time, and you can't push it.
Spawn of Totoro Oct 24, 2013 @ 6:12am 
Check on the Steam Universe Group for updates on the SteamOS's possible release date, as well as a Discussion Forum dedicated to talking about the SteamOS.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; Oct 24, 2013 @ 6:12am
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 23, 2013 @ 8:59pm