กระทู้นี้ได้ถูกล็อคแล้ว
Half Life 3 on Steam OS?
If HL3 is ever 100% confirmed will you be purchasing a Steam Box no matter how much it costs. Im already sold on the idea. If not what would you buy it for?
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-15 จาก 48 ความเห็น
I might buy a Steam Box but I wouldn't buy one for Half-Life 3. Even if it is exclusive to Steam OS (which would be silly), I could just install Steam OS on my current computer. However, if HL3 were to be given free with Steam Box devices, then yes that would be one of the motivational reasons to get a Steam Box (as well as the other reasons).
I would never buy Steam Box. I can already Stream Games to my TV Set if I want too or I can simply use a long HDMI Cable. It won't offer anything over my Gaming PC either. It's a good concept for people who don't want to do any setup work but I can manage to do whatever I want. That is even if there is a Steam Box.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย Persephone Sapphora; 23 ก.ย. 2013 @ 11: 59pm
I don't think HL3 would be exclusive to the Steam Box. It would loose a lot of sales for the series. I know a lot of Half-Life fans who barely use their Steam accounts since they prefer their PS3 or Xbox 360 system, respectfully. Sure, exclusives sell systems, but it will just look like a greedy move making a previous cross platform game an exclusive.
Me, too. They would be silly to make HL3 exclusive to Steambox. It will be exclusive for Steam, that's for sure. Just like HL2 back in the days brought Steam on PCs of every serious gamer. Maybe this time HL3 has some features to let gamers at least try to fire up SteamOS, whether it would be their custom-built one or the official one.
I would buy a Steam box if it made Valve actually announce HL3.
:D haha hl3 will be a GabeOS exclusive only
I'm 99% certain a "Steam Box" is never going to exist so...
Sure it will, photos of a prototype have even been leaked online. (and no, I am not talking about the Piston) While those photos were less than difinitive (just a small computer with antennas coming out the back), they line up with what's been revealed so far, rumors, and what Gabe himself has said about Valve entering the hardware side of things on more than one occasion. Just wait till tomorrow, pretty sure the box itself will be the next announcement. If, o = the OS, then [] could represent the OS contained within a box = Steambox (or whatever it ends up being called for real).

The last glyph is less clear, o+o represents the OS plus .. other software? I mean, it would make sense, any good 'console' launch needs launch games. So I would not discount the idea of HL3, but it could be any game, or games, it may just be a general announcement of games that will be supported at launch... But, assuming it is HL3 for a second... I doubt it will be a SteamBOX exclusive, since that's pretty much impossible given that it's not so much a console as a PC intended for your livingroom, but I think it's a safe bet it will be Steam exclusive, at least for the first 6 months to a year.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Shenzakai:
Me, too. They would be silly to make HL3 exclusive to Steambox. It will be exclusive for Steam, that's for sure. Just like HL2 back in the days brought Steam on PCs of every serious gamer. Maybe this time HL3 has some features to let gamers at least try to fire up SteamOS, whether it would be their custom-built one or the official one.

It will be exclusive to Steam's Interaction Streaming Technology. That means you will be able to play it on any devices that has Steam-Client or Steam-OS which has a client already installed.

Half Like 3 will also be released as standard box purchase for Windows and possibly a Mac/Linux version, at a later date.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย e8hffff:
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Shenzakai:
It will be exclusive for Steam, that's for sure. Just like HL2 back in the days brought Steam on PCs of every serious gamer.

It will be exclusive to Steam's Interaction Streaming Technology. That means you will be able to play it on any devices that has Steam-Client or Steam-OS which has a client already installed.

That's exactly what he just said. Exclusive to Steam. All the 'features' of SteamOS (outside of the actual operating system and any 'tweaks') are inside Steam itself.
Half-Life 3 if and when it comes out will not be exclusive to the PC and Steam, on PC yes it will be restricted to Steam but it will not be a PC exclusive, I don't know who is foolish enough to actually think that it would be. It will with absolutely no doubt be on the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and possibly the Wii-U.
You don't have to change your operating system, the OS is designed for a specific purpose: a dedicated gaming and multimedia machine connected to your TV, though if you already run Linux, you will probably get some benefit from switching over to Steam's build, I am assuming all the usual Linux programs will be perfectly installable. But if you use Windows and you don't want or need this, then the OS probably isn't for you. It's primary use will likely be on purpose built systems sold by Valve and others. And is a reason I REALLY doubt Valve will restrict HL3 or any other game to it, too many pissed off fans who are perfectly happy with their current PC's. Steam as a whole though is a different story, they did that with HL2, it was Steam exclusive for a year. And by making it a Steam exclusive, it will still create an incentive for people to buy a Steambox if they don't have a computer that will run it, which is the whole point of exclusives. But I think it will be temporary, just like the first time.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย RayeGunn; 24 ก.ย. 2013 @ 7: 32am
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Nya`:

Suspend your opinion until the end of this week. One of the reaming two announcements is likely a Steambox.
Exactly what I been telling him for the last two days... -.-
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Ultrapwnd:
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Nya`:

Suspend your opinion until the end of this week. One of the reaming two announcements is likely a Steambox.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย dvdmlly:
I'm not yet clear what possible incentive people would have to change their whole operating system.

'It's free' isn't enough.

It might all make sense 10 years from now, but currently it's hard to join all the dots.
Dual booting, man.
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-15 จาก 48 ความเห็น
ต่อหน้า: 1530 50