Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Steam Community > Подробности за темата
I DON'T WANT STEAM IN DOLLARS
I don't want Steam in Dollars. I do not live in America. I live in the United Kingdom. I would like Steam to be in POUNDS. I have set my download region to UK - London. It refuses to display prices in POUNDS. If this continues to happen I will have to remove Steam from my PC. Ta.
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 27 коментара
It's not like that's impossible. Just contact steam.
@Saturo, how do I set it so it's like that every time?
Could you clarify whether you're seeing this issue within the Steam Client or in your regular web browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc.)?
I'm having this issue within the Steam Client.
Edit Profile, and change your location to United Kingdom. That should do the trick.
Първоначално публикувано от Schlowbro:
I'm having this issue within the Steam Client.
I just sent you a friend invite

Pewpewmoar: The profile location doesn't play any role in determining the currency to use for Steam transactions.
Why do you want it in pounds, anyway? It's so confusing when a currency and a measurement unit have the same name. I was recently watching a british show on tv, and the guy on it said that x pounds of food are wasted every year, and i'm thinking: does he mean money or weight? You guys should use the metric system. Plus, dollars are international business currency. If a man in spain and a man in brazil want to make a trade, they do it in dollars. If you have a problem with that, why don't you just assemble the strongest military in the world and claim you have an epic economy?
Последно редактиран от General Greaves; 24 ян. 2014 в 6:29
Първоначално публикувано от Toxicitor:
Why do you want it in pounds, anyway? It's so confusing when a currency and a measurement unit have the same name. I was recently watching a british show on tv, and the guy on it said that x pounds of food are wasted every year, and i'm thinking: does he mean money or weight? You guys should use the metric system. Plus, dollars are international business currency. If a man in spain and a man in brazil want to make a trade, they do it in dollars. If you have a problem with that, why don't you just assemble the strongest military in the world and claim you have an epic economy?

We do use the metric system but some still hold onto the older measurements.
Doesn't make it any less confusing, the English-speaking countries of the world scorn you!
Първоначално публикувано от Toxicitor:

I want it in pounds because I live in the UK and that is the currency of the UK. I'm sure you understand the logic.
Pewpewmoar: The profile location doesn't play any role in determining the currency to use for Steam transactions.

Apologies. Had a quick look at my own settings and made an assumption. And you know what they say about assumpttions >.<

Hope you get it fixed Schlowbro, I know it's a pain to currency convert on the fly, hate it when using online stores in the US or elsewhere.
I want it in pounds because I live in the UK and that is the currency of the UK. I'm sure you understand the logic.
For some reason, you removed me from your friendlist right when I offered you some help to troubleshoot the issue. :rshocked:

Anyway, I wanted to ask you to open the Steam console ( steam://open/console ) and type this command in it:
user_info
In the output of the command, you should be able to find a line starting with "IPCountry". What's the country code located right after?

The reason I added you was because I wanted to know what your IP address was, in order to check it against MaxMind's GeoIP database.
Steam console won't open...
Use the "Windows + R" keyboard shortcut to open Windows "Run" dialog. In the text box, type "steam://open/console" and click on "Ok". This should open the Console tab in the main Steam Client UI and bring focus to this tab.
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 27 коментара
На страница: 1530 50

Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Steam Community > Подробности за темата
Дата на публикуване: 21 ян. 2014 в 15:35
Публикации: 27