Steam downloading games from scratch even though it is in Steamapps folder
I have got a new Desktop PC and I put all my games onto a usb and then put them into the steamapps folder when I go to play the game it says "Discovering Existing Files" but after it has done that it just starts the download from the very start even though the folder is still in steamapps and the size of it has not decrease

Specs
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
8gb RAM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Succulent Chinese Meal; 15.1.2014 klo 14.04
< >
Näytetään 1-7 / 7 kommentista
Also when I delete local content through steam it does not delete the actual folder or anything in it its as if steam has completely ignored it.
Same happened to me with 2 or 3 games. I just stopped the download, and when I clicked again on "play" it jumped to 99% or so and a few seconds later the game started and ran without any further problems.
Not working for me it just continues on from how much it has downloaded silly Steam
If you use windows 8 try setting the compatibility of steam to windows 7 it might work
Nah I'm on windows 7 I better put down my specs just incase
Nyx 15.1.2014 klo 15.19 
might just be corrupted files, something that went from with the copy pasting..tried to verify your game files?
Right click the game in steam - properties - local files - verify integrity of game cache.
If there's anything missing it'll download the missing files, instead of the entire game.
Yep tried that it just started downloading from the start again it's a real pain in the behind
< >
Näytetään 1-7 / 7 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50

Lähetetty: 15.1.2014 klo 4.56