dynastystar Nov 20, 2014 @ 1:53pm
Does anybody else get frustrated when trying to find an even trade on a game's trade forums?
Does anybody else get frustrated when trying to find an even trade on a game's trade forums? It frustrates the heck out of me, when trying to trade away/for cards, pretty much 80% of the threads on a game's forum is copy and pasted "2 random cards of yours for 1 of mine". I'm not particularily interested in trading away two Steam Trading Card thats worth 13 and 15 cents for one card thats worth 8 cents on the marketplace.

I also try posting on forums trading away my cards and letting people offer me trades that are equal and not intended to rip people off(as in 1 of my cards for 1 of theirs, and trying to get as close to equal value as I can as in not a 5 cent card for a 14 cent card or something). However, because the same few people are copy and pasting trade message into the trade forum, my thread will get bumped off the front page in 24 hours because 2-3 people all have the same message on the first page at least twice if not more. I just want to trade away cards I have for other cards I don't have to complete a badge, but the trade forums make this nearly impossible to do so.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Black Blade Nov 20, 2014 @ 2:22pm 
I do agree on that
I think the best way to take care of it, is if Valve set a place like the market place but for trading... of some type like that..

Re-thinking that.. maybe il make a site for that.. something simple.. not fancy XD
Last edited by Black Blade; Nov 20, 2014 @ 2:23pm
Just use the market, it's much easier. Sell your dupes/sets you don't want and buy what you do want.
Greed knows no bounds, even in pixel form.
rosspest Nov 21, 2014 @ 8:36pm 
Unfortunately there are many people out there like that.
Some will want to trade for a $20 game, when you could buy everything in thier inventory for 50 cents.
Others you will offer a fair exchange on a trading card you need, that they don't need (already maxed out sets), and they come back with I don't need that card. I don't have 30 minutes to look through somebodies badges to see what they do need, and if somebody offers me a fair exchange on a trading card I don't need for another trading trading I don't need, then WTH, if they need it, I good with helping them out. That's what friends are for.
Trading can be frustrating with the wrong person, but I find it generally enjoyable. I've gotten pretty selective on those who I initate trades with. There are a lot of good, fair, and decent people out there, but there are also a lot of jerks out there.
Don't give up, just keep trying.
I don't really bother much with the trading thing . Too many greedy folk trying to take advantage of others, and worse, people trying to outright scam or hijack accounts. Shady individuals everywhere. There are probably plenty of honest, decent, fair traders too but weeding through all the dirt to find a few shiny stones isn't my idea of fun.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Nov 20, 2014 @ 1:53pm