Friends Window, Group Members List
In ye olde days of ancient (ie, last week), if I wanted to see if people in my gaming group were doing anything, I would just click the "Groups" tab in my friends window, and then expand the relevant group. It would show me the members online and ingame, nice and simple.

Instead, now when I click to expand a group... it shows me an avatar for the group (with a dropdown arrow that has exactly the same options as the one 20 pixels above), and the option to "View all members" that opens the Community page in the Steam browser.

This is a problem for 2 reasons:
1. It's an extra step, for no appreciable reason - and poorly implemented,
2. The community page isn't on a rapid update cycle, so when the friends list tells me "2 in game", the community page shows no one playing games.

I can't see any way to disable or alter my preferences here - what gives?
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 21
I was trying to change it the same way. It really bugs me now that I can't see all who's online and such in my group by just checking the friend's window.
Please tell me it's a bug and it will be fixed... :madTom:
I can't stand this change and I think it's stupid that they did it.
At least I'm not the only one that noticed this, found it annoying and wasn't able to find a setting to change it back to the original way.
I've noticed this as well, before it would only show the list if it was was below 50. Now it doesn't show anyone at all, I can't even chat to people in the same group anymore.
Terrible, don't know why they did that
This update is bad and the dev'rs should feel bad.
geri43 21 sept. 2014 à 10h59 
Yeah, Valve should fix this.
I sent a ticket in 2 weeks ago to ask about this, no response yet. Very disappointed.
I don't even use the groups tab at all anymore. Good job Steam, making your own tools useless.
So, I just got a response!

"We apologize for the delay.
We will investigate this matter and take appropriate action.
Please note that you will not receive a notification about any action taken as a result of this report."

.... Sounds like our feedback is important to them, please hold.
What you got was an automated response that they send when they don't feel like dealing with the problem.
Either that, or a glance followed by a form-response. Either way, it's frustrating and a disappointing move given how Steam has otherwise just continuted to improve over the years.
Dev 8 oct. 2014 à 21h28 
This is terrible. I used the group page daily now its useless. Please fix this soon.
Nick Seafort a écrit :
So, I just got a response!

"We apologize for the delay.
We will investigate this matter and take appropriate action.
Please note that you will not receive a notification about any action taken as a result of this report."

.... Sounds like our feedback is important to them, please hold.

It means that they are aware of this issue, but they are not obligated to do anything.
Dernière modification de geri43; 9 oct. 2014 à 7h04
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 21
Par page : 1530 50

Posté le 3 sept. 2014 à 10h18