MasacruAlex Sep 3 @ 8:18am
Bots explosion.
In the past week I have been massively added by random people with private profiles messaging me the same type of ♥♥♥♥ each time. A pishing link that's hilarious to read (But many probably fall for it) and a dumb excuse like "My friend wants this item, please add him "link" to blalbla)

What's up with this? Why such an outburst lately in such bots? It has never happened to me in the past.
Last edited by MasacruAlex; Sep 3 @ 8:18am
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Naomi Sep 3 @ 8:49am 
Some people love to troll others that's all :3
Originally posted by MasacruAlex:
In the past week I have been massively added by random people with private profiles messaging me the same type of ♥♥♥♥ each time. A pishing link that's hilarious to read (But many probably fall for it) and a dumb excuse like "My friend wants this item, please add him "link" to blalbla)

What's up with this? Why such an outburst lately in such bots? It has never happened to me in the past.
MasacruAlex Sep 3 @ 8:57am 
that's not trolling. Some of them instantly auto messaged me the moment I have accepted the request. They all use the same site as well, so it's a new pishing site that keeps going.
Last edited by MasacruAlex; Sep 3 @ 8:58am
Naomi Sep 3 @ 8:59am 
Hmmm....just be careful then :)
Black Blade Sep 3 @ 2:04pm 
If you get a phishing site link report it here:
https://www.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/
LordHelmet Sep 4 @ 2:29am 
Just like anything else in the world, once information reaches the masses there are bound to be people who decide to use it whether it be ethical or not. As you said, recently there has been an incredible rise in the amount of phishing attempts. This has also led to a rise in forum threads and general community discussions in regards to the matter.

Although the community educating themselves and becoming aware while warning each other is most definitely a positive beginning to this eventually reaching it's inevitable plateu. This is also contributing to it's increase, simply due to the information gaining more attention from the public.

Couple these facts with this tactics ease of access and use to even the most inexperienced computer user along with it's possible monetary gain and it produces an issue of mass proportions.
Quint S. Akemi Sep 4 @ 3:49am 
Phishers take control of others' accounts to do phishing. Access to more accounts = access to more friends lists, groups, etc.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 3 @ 8:18am