TheGreatSpooksby 10 mai. 2014 às 17:16
What's the best RPG game?
For quite some time, I've been looking for a good RPG game.

And so, here's a list as to what I'm exactly looking for in an RPG game:

1. A very well-written and compelling storyline. For instance, the story gives me reason to keep going on my quest to try to complete an ultimate goal.

2. I'd prefer for there to be a party of characters with unique classes, such as archers, thieves, warriors, ect. rather than one single character.

3. Open and diverse world.

4. Insanely long. Like, it would take five years to complete to finish the story line, and then another five years to finish the side quests.

5.Character stats, unique loot, items, and weapons; usual RPG elements. But I've come across a few "RPG" games that don't have elements such as character stats and skills.

6. Levelling up. Again, I say this because of the reason I stated previously. Games claiming to be RPG games that didn't have this.

7. On Steam, and isn't so expensive I have to sell both kidneys.

Perhaps I'm being a bit too picky, and I've looked all over steam for a game that really appealed to me, but I really didn't find anything. So if anyone knows of a good RPG game, please tell me!

Thanks!
< >
A mostrar 1-14 de 14 comentários
Fire Warrior 10 mai. 2014 às 17:24 
fallout 3 , fallout new vegas , skyrim , vampire the masquerade bloodlines , dragon age origins, consortium
Rutherne 10 mai. 2014 às 18:37 
o gawd where do i start... these are my favorite.

1) witcher 1 and 2. fantastic rpg with the best story i have ever seen in any rpg, everything you do affects the world your in. has a Monster Hunter like aspect where you can look at bulletin boards for quest to slay monsters, loot their trophy(its like a trinket that gives bonus effect when wearing) and use their dead remnants to make gear but you need to find the diagram that use it. leveling up doesnt have a huge impact, it just helps for survavibility and adds more to do in the combat dow the road like able to redirect arrows. only problem i have is that theres no class, no costumization besides gear,a nd your primary weapon are swords but you are given 6 spells, not a lot i know, and there are a large variety of combat items that you can use that spice up the combat.

2) two worlds 2. i owned it originally on xbox 360 but its a fun game and better on pc of course. kind of old but not too much. goes on sale alot. its open world, lots of customization. and you can create spells. only thing i hate about is the way they made the inventory system, its just plain awful.

3) divinity 2. i got it last year in a bundle and tried it a couple weeks ago. love it but not going to put seriou time into it till after this semester but its prety open world, good customization and had a decent story. its single player though thats the only downside.

4) bethesdas rpgs like the elder scrolls and fallout 3 and new vegas. they are all amazing. but after grinding for a while you become a god and not even at max dificulty could make it challenging. maybe morrowind is not like that but skyrim and New vegas are definetely like that.

5) sacred 2, another game i only had for 360, but i would wait for sacred 3 which is coming this year since sacred 2 multiplayer is pretty much dead.

Just get Skyrim and Witcher 1 and 2 , The most immersive woulld be Skyrim... to me an RPG means role playing game where no 2 characters look alike and non linear story line...
Less buggy would be witcher... but some say it's a better game.. I never played it and for me my role would be a blonde haired male and I am pretty much african genes.. not a role playing game for me lmao hehe
Fork_Q2 11 mai. 2014 às 8:18 
Life is a RPG.
Última alteração por Fork_Q2; 11 mai. 2014 às 8:18
ChrisSteal 7 ago. 2014 às 2:13 
For me the best is Dragon Age: Origins. I enjoyed it more than Skyrim or Fallout but these 2 are worth to play never the less
Última alteração por ChrisSteal; 7 ago. 2014 às 2:13
Planescape Torment
Larkspire 7 ago. 2014 às 3:12 
As far as games on Steam go, I've found that Dragon Age and the Witcher games have the best storylines... Although Dragon Age is definitely generic fantasy land, and Witcher is verging on it. The best part of the Witcher is that all your choices have meaningful consequences, and some of them take hours of playtime for the result to come around. The "right" thing to do often has unintended effects, too, just like in real life. There are no distinct classes, but you can still choose to focus more on swordplay, magic, or alchemy.

Oh, the KOTOR series is another one. KOTOR 2 has the more interesting take on morality, but is basically incomplete without mods.
Jwsto 7 ago. 2014 às 3:38 
Vampire the masquerade Bloodlines, Alpha Protocol, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Witcher 1 & 2, Trine 1 & 2, Borderlands 1 & 2.... I'd say all of these games are cheap (atleast on sales) and some of them are very underrated
Última alteração por Jwsto; 7 ago. 2014 às 3:41
Baky 7 ago. 2014 às 7:17 
Skyrim
STorM 7 ago. 2014 às 8:07 
I say hands down Fallout 3 is the best rpg game ever made
pramit1994 7 ago. 2014 às 9:09 
to all the above suggestions, let me add some of my own - gothic(video game), diablo series(not strictly rpg, but it should be played)
Elizabeth 7 ago. 2014 às 11:18 
I definitely would recommend Dragon Age: Origins. It has an amazing storyline
Cthaeghya 7 ago. 2014 às 12:23 
I'm not sure if there's really a RPG that fullfills ALL of your 7 points, Freeze. Especially # 2 seems to be a problem to me, since most of todays RPGs (esp. those with open and diverse worlds) are based on a single character (Witcher, TES, Fallout 3,...).

Actually there's only a handfull of party based RPGs i can think of at the moment... first I have to think of is Dragon Age: Origins as well. However, i dont think the world is open and diverse for example. The same holds for the "classical" Neverwinter Nights 1 RPG from 2002 (btw, part 2 sucked in my eyes) with the add ons "Shadows of Undrentide" and "Hordes of the Underdark", the multiplayer, and the large community the game had in the past (not sure if it still exists). And its all about classes, races and lots of stats. Not sure if it is available on steam; I bought my copies for few money at a retailer shop.
Última alteração por Cthaeghya; 7 ago. 2014 às 12:24
Jjj'jj 7 ago. 2014 às 17:44 
The legend of Heroes: Trails of the skies hits note 1, and 3 through 7 on your list. The characters are unique but do not have definite classes so it's only kind of half of 2.
< >
A mostrar 1-14 de 14 comentários
Por página: 1530 50

Postado a: 10 mai. 2014 às 17:16
Comentários: 14