Ironman May 8 @ 6:10am
Too many games are being removed from Steam and important ones not coming on Steam
Hi other super heroes, warriors,thieves, wizards and common people i wanted to say that Steam is becoming really useless today first because some major games were never on steam like Blizzard games (Diablo, Starcraft, World of Warcraft) and more, also League of Legends which is the most populated game in the world was only 1 day on steam in 2009. These things can be handled but now the unacceptable Steam is removing games all the time again and again for example i bought Deadpool and now i cant launch it cause its removed from steam also Dragon Age 2 and many more, EA took all their new games away from here Marvel is taking them too ,Ubisoft is making the next Assassins Creed (Assassins Creed Unity) to be Uplay only and also their other new games, i loved steam because i thought that all the games were here but now only like 40% of them are Valve is really messing up. The only thing that keeps Steam alive are Call of Duty series which are the second most populated games in the world with 25 million people (first is League of Legends with 36 million and third World of Warcraft with 8 million) If they remove those too then gg.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Black Blade May 8 @ 6:17am 
Dude do you understand that Steam cant put games on it with out the Dev doing it? Blizzard dose not need Steam so why for them to put there games here? say go for EA and ubisoft i am really surprised were here for so long...

Valve cant just add games they do not own.. and LoL is again a game that has no point on been on Steam to start with... so why will it be?

There many more great games on Steam.. and just as more play a game dose not make it any better game

Any way here is some info for you
DeadPool was removed from every were as the Publisher and Dev had a fight abut the copyrights problem
LoL Has a good amount of players and have no reason to split profit with Valve.. its not worth for them

And that is the point.. if you are known why do you need Steam in the first place? EA made Origin before they left Steam to be sure every one will hook to there games before they leave
As in boos and go
Same with Ubisoft... it was just a matter of time...

There big AAA why will they want to split profit when they can take all the profit on there own systems?
Last edited by Black Blade; May 8 @ 6:20am
Ironman May 8 @ 6:18am 
I know but its Valve messing up with the other companies i payed 40 for Deadpool and Valve messed up with Marvel , now Marvel removed game from Steam and i cant play it and same things happen with more games
Black Blade May 8 @ 6:20am 
Originally posted by Ironman:
I know but its Valve messing up with the other companies i payed 40 for Deadpool and Valve messed up with Marvel , now Marvel removed game from Steam and i cant play it and same things happen with more games
I think i can play it.. and i also got it then.. when were you unable to play it?

And it was not remvoed only from Steam
Marvel-licensed games from Activision have mysteriously been withdrawn from sale on Steam, the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live.
Source[www.vg247.com]
Last edited by Black Blade; May 8 @ 6:24am
Ironman May 8 @ 6:21am 
Im not angry il just not buy from Steam again since their games are getting removed eventualy nothing is sure that will stay here anymore and Blingie reported for innapropriate language
Last edited by Ironman; May 8 @ 6:22am
Black Blade May 8 @ 6:23am 
Im not angry il just not buy from Steam again since their games are getting removed eventualy nothing is sure that will stay here anymore and Blingie reported for innapropriate language
The games that are remvoed can yet be used.. i can play Deadpool.. and it was removed from PS and Xbox as well... so i guess you may want to learn what you talking abut

Games are not that common removed off Steam
And how you say it il assume you are a AAA Titles only fan?

If you chose to not buy from Steam do not buy from Steam.. i mean no one will hold a gun to your head and make you do it...
But i will ask what you want Valve to do abut it?
Last edited by Black Blade; May 8 @ 6:25am
Spawn of Totoro May 8 @ 6:31am 
Steam has only removed two games from the system on their own (one was add back after an issue was taken care of). All others were done at the request of their developer/publisher.

Games that are removed are only removed from sale (only one exception and that was due to it being an online game that was shutting down), you can still download and play them if you had purchased them before their removal.

If you are having issues running Deadpool, it isn't due to having been removed from Steam.

My Dragon Age 2 works fine. EA didn't remove all their games. There are still many for sale on Steam.

I can find no statement that Assassins Creed Unity will be Uplay only.

Marvel license is owned my Disney and Disney decided not to renew the license with most developers/publishers. This effects every store, not just Steam.

Games are added at the request of the developer/publisher too. Blizzard has no interest in adding their games to Steam as they have their own store and the games sell very well there already.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; May 8 @ 6:40am
♭uddhist_Gamer7☸ May 11 @ 2:53pm 
Hi other super heroes, warriors,thieves, wizards and common people i wanted to say that Steam is becoming really useless today first because some major games were never on steam like Blizzard games (Diablo, Starcraft, World of Warcraft) and more, also League of Legends which is the most populated game in the world was only 1 day on steam in 2009. These things can be handled but now the unacceptable Steam is removing games all the time again and again for example i bought Deadpool and now i cant launch it cause its removed from steam also Dragon Age 2 and many more, EA took all their new games away from here Marvel is taking them too ,Ubisoft is making the next Assassins Creed (Assassins Creed Unity) to be Uplay only and also their other new games, i loved steam because i thought that all the games were here but now only like 40% of them are Valve is really messing up. The only thing that keeps Steam alive are Call of Duty series which are the second most populated games in the world with 25 million people (first is League of Legends with 36 million and third World of Warcraft with 8 million) If they remove those too then gg.

Most AAA titles I buy for xbox lol ( yea thats sad ) Assasins Creed Ttitles.. xbox only.. I never have to deal with graphics issues or cpu not being good enough. Most of my Ubisoft titles I love on console more than PC ( relax kick feet up and grab a controller ) except when I play Rocksmith-- one game that rarely ever goes on sale... Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014

I would love to see Steam remove games that are not longer on steam and still in my account :(
Call of Duty also, I only ever played on console.

Some say console is DEAD, but some titles are exclusives or not on PC or Steam like Minecraft
I AM SHODAN! May 11 @ 4:08pm 

OP, don't take this the wrong way but your viewpoint is very narrow and restricted. You would do well to open your eyes a bit and realize that not only games you believe are the "important" ones are games people will enjoy and which should be sold on Steam. You're really limiting your own exposure, and therefore fun, if you're only looking for the most "popular" games and that's it. There are a lot of amazing games, both on Steam and on other sites, which don't have the mass popularity that some do but are often far more rewarding to play. I feel sorry for you if you're missing out on all of those titles just because you're hung up on what you consider to be the "major ones".

Also as it's been noted already, it's not up to Valve to "put games on Steam", the developers/publishers have to do this. Not every game company wants to sell on Steam as Valve does take a chunk of the profit for using the storefront. There's really no need for every game in existence to be on here. Most people are perfectly happy using a mix of services and downloads for their gaming needs, from Steam to Amazon direct downloads to drm-free games sold on GOG and in bundles to Desura to whatever. There's an old saying about not putting all the eggs in one basket, I feel that also applies. ;)

When games are pulled from Steam it's for a variety of reasons. There may be conflicts with the developer/publisher, or the contract may simply have run out, or perhaps the game belongs to a company that is now defunct and does not own its games any longer due to bankruptcy or has otherwise changed hands. Sometimes the publisher/developer wants to simply put it on their own sales platform. A very, very few have been pulled because they were proven to be unacceptable to the customers to such a degree that Valve took action. A few don't even exist as games anymore (I'm Not Alone comes to mind here.) It's not like Valve is just randomly yanking games for no reason. Also note that some games that have been pulled in the past have been returned to Steam after some period of time, probably due to renegotiating a new contract to sell them.

I hope you can broaden your view and realize you're only seeing a tiny tip of the gaming iceberg here. Steam has thousands of games. Spend some time exploring the store sometime and you might find something you will love. :)
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 8 @ 6:10am