STAR WARS collection question
So I'm a SW fan and I'm interested in the collection.

However, seing that most SW games are pretty old, I'm wondering how well they would work in Win7 64.

I see no reason to buy an entire collection if most of them aren't compatible with the system.

So does anyone have experience with some of the games from the collection?
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 10 sur 10
I bought it. Had trouble with the first dark forces game, my keyboard wouldnt work. I think thats the oldest game in the collection?

I havent tried any of the other older games but the newer ones work fine.

I had another discussion going of which games to play first. I dont know much about the series and there are quite a few games there.
i have played some if they are older then you shld have no prob playing them i play games from sega lol that i bought now thats old.
i hope that helps
Most of them were released in 2009 and 2010, and are pretty much the same game, but played as different characters or in different worlds (although looking pretty much the same). They were only released as different games in order to bing more money to LucasArts.

What I am trying to say is: if you've played 1-2 of them, you've played them all. It's not worth getting all the 14 titles unless you are a collector or a hoarder.
I've bought the Jedi Knight games and I only had problem with Dark Forces 2. Suposedly it's my ATI video card that cause problem and if you have a Nvidiea card you should be fine. I also think Mistery of the Siths is using the same engine but I don't know if it cause problems too.
GenPattonBR a écrit :
Most of them were released in 2009 and 2010, and are pretty much the same game, but played as different characters or in different worlds (although looking pretty much the same). They were only released as different games in order to bing more money to LucasArts.

What I am trying to say is: if you've played 1-2 of them, you've played them all. It's not worth getting all the 14 titles unless you are a collector or a hoarder.

Not sure why it says they were released in 2009 and 2010. Many of these titles are well over 10 years old.
capnhookshot a écrit :
GenPattonBR a écrit :

Not sure why it says they were released in 2009 and 2010. Many of these titles are well over 10 years old.

Valid point hence my question :) Loving the feedback guys, keep 'em coming :)
Republic Commando works fine on Win7, so does Dark Forces as Incredibro said, haven't tested out the other ones but I'm sure KotOR works as well.
Dark Forces uses DosBox to run, which is an Emulator and you might gonna need to tweak a bit but it will work. Or use DarkXL port which gives you higher (render) resolution than 320x200.

Jedi Knight and the addon Mysteries of the Sith don't like Win7 and you'll have to settle for windowed mode for menu and cutscenes. With AMD you'll need a program called DXGL for the game to run properly.

Jedi Knight II: Outcast and JK:Academy will work just fine. Might be you'll have to use console commands to use 1920x1080.

KotoR is ok too.

Those games were all designed for 4:3 displays so even if you get them to use 16:9 the HUD will be stretched.
Dernière modification de Blaagh; 5 mai 2014 à 16h28
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 10 sur 10
Par page : 1530 50

Posté le 1 mai 2014 à 10h47