Wuzz Apr 8, 2014 @ 6:53pm
Scam item
My item was scam by other since last 3days ago. So have I take back all my item after done reported?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
WhereIsBusmin Apr 8, 2014 @ 6:56pm 
Originally posted by Badays:
My item was scam by other since last 3days ago. So have I take back all my item after done reported?

Probably not. How were you scammed? Steam Support doesn't return items that were traded "unfairly". All trades are final.

Information: Steam Support > Steam Trading Policy

What is Steam's policy on returning scammed items/gifts?

Steam will not return any items or gifts that you feel have been traded unfairly. There are no exceptions to this policy. All trades are final. If you were scammed, you may submit a report from the offending user's profile, however contacting Steam Support will not result in the return of any stolen items/gifts. This does not include fraudulently purchased games that you received and were removed from your account. Please see the below question for how we handle fraudulent gift trades.

Why will Steam not return items that were scammed?

During the trade process, Steam asks you to confirm your trade multiple times. It is your responsibility to review the items that you are trading. You first confirm the trade by checking the box that states, "Check this box when ready to trade". Once checked, you cannot add any items to the trade. If you remove an item you will have to re-check the box to confirm that you are ready. Once both users in the trade have checked this box, the final confirmation button will turn green. Both users must click this button to complete the trade. A log of the trade is also kept in a separate chat box within the trade window.

A few key tips to trading: Take your time, triple check your trade, and do not trade for anything that does not fit in a single trade window.
Wuzz Apr 8, 2014 @ 7:00pm 
Last week I login by new device so steam was block me 7 days ( this period I cant do any trade). But after 1 week when I check my trade history, my item was missing alot.
Wuzz Apr 8, 2014 @ 7:06pm 
But I never know the trader is who and the trading is not by my hand.
What can i suppose to do it is really unfair for me
WhereIsBusmin Apr 8, 2014 @ 7:08pm 
Last week I login by new device so steam was block me 7 days ( this period I cant do any trade). But after 1 week when I check my trade history, my item was missing alot.

But I never know the trader is who and the trading is not by my hand.
What can i suppose to do it is really unfair for me

Have you recently been asked by another user to log into what looked like a Steam website that required to to send a file from your Steam folder?
Wuzz Apr 8, 2014 @ 7:12pm 
No, never
Last edited by Wuzz; Apr 8, 2014 @ 7:13pm
Wolf O'Donnell Jul 23, 2014 @ 10:03pm 
Interesting that the rep has nothing else to say to Mr. Taka in this situation.
My only valuable item was stolen out of my account due to the account being hijacked without my knowledge or consent. Will I not get my item back either?
Wuzz Jul 23, 2014 @ 10:24pm 
No, it is invalid the returned your items, just reported to steampowered.
76561198158373584 Dec 23, 2014 @ 10:26am 
they scammed me using other account, we traded unfairly, i want to return my item as if it never happened. Is this possible?
please reply asap, i really need help.
Yazite Dec 23, 2014 @ 10:32am 
Originally posted by Alchemist:
they scammed me using other account, we traded unfairly, i want to return my item as if it never happened. Is this possible?
please reply asap, i really need help.

If you traded using the Steam trade window then there is nothing you can do. You willingly clicked "Accept trade".
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Apr 8, 2014 @ 6:53pm