Nightscout Apr 3 @ 8:21pm
Do you know any good high-adrenaline action adventure games?
I'm talking clinging to the side of an aircraft while it's careening thousands of feet above the surface, having just blown its engine up. Pieces of the metal bird start to fall off as it catches fire, plummeting towards another vessel. You jump from the twisted metal sheets that are bending in the air, and jump off onto another craft as the other one smashes into the other one, engulfing them both in flame.

Lots of action-packed scenes and settings.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
yusupov Apr 3 @ 9:34pm 
metal gear rising revengeace sounds like exactly what youre looking for. fantastic game.
Herald_UK Apr 3 @ 10:46pm 
You can do stuff like that in Just Cause 2....
Last edited by Herald_UK; Apr 3 @ 10:46pm
Quint, the useless shpee Apr 4 @ 1:04am 
Your description is reminding me of Contra 3: the Alien Wars.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/37010/ Ninja Blade
lol, well, he doesn't hang on the side of an aircraft, he just jumps on a fired rocket and rides that thing. :/ it's packed with just as much QTE's tho... such scenes are either cutscenes or QTE.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8190/
And yeah, Just Cause has pretty much those things, although it's mostly shooting the grappling hook from one craft to another. At least you can control the action a bit, and it also a ton of splozions and stuff.

It's kinda too bad, but most games have such scenes in a scripted cutscene rather than actual gameplay. I guess it very challenging to add it as gameplay features...
Last edited by ♫TGC> The Games Collector; Apr 4 @ 8:44am
yusupov Apr 4 @ 8:22am 
JC2 is best for unscripted, sandbox mayhem. MGR & it sounds like ninja blade (not familiar with it) are more linear & the effects you describe are more scripted/qte. i can def say you cant go wrong with JC2 or MGR, but very different games.
MrGoodVibes Apr 4 @ 12:23pm 
Shannon Tweeds Attack of the Groupies is what you`re looking for.
Pewpewmoar Apr 5 @ 2:02am 
That sounds like every Micheal Bay film ever.

Adding to the votes above for Just Cause 2 (the game itself is fairly meh, but there's hours of fun to be had just playing in the world and making things go boom!) and MGS:Revengance. Tomb Raider (the recent one) is fairly high-adrenaline at times.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 3 @ 8:21pm