Aseoux Apr 3, 2014 @ 5:45am
Banned for 7 days ???
Guys I just got a message You have logged in from a new device. In order to protect the items in your inventory, you will be unable to trade from this device for 7 days.

I'm a player and trader as well, just wanted to get my won items from dota lounge and I cant. Why did I get banned? I didnt log in from another PC or something like that, when I came back from school I just realized my router wasn't connected and after I got internet access I tried to get my won items from dota lounge as I said. Am I going to lose the items from lounge? Why did they "ban" me for ??? Valve are you kidding me ?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Black Blade Apr 3, 2014 @ 6:51am 
Are you sure you did not login from a new device? also any device you have login before need to yet be able to trade
Kargor Apr 3, 2014 @ 9:50am 
Yeah well, you did something that made Steam not recognize that box or browser anymore. Deleted cookies, crashed the browser and it trashed the cookie jar, re-installed Steam, whatever.

Just wait for the cooldown to expire, or use a "device" that has been authorized before.
Aseoux Apr 3, 2014 @ 11:17am 
Originally posted by Kargor:
Yeah well, you did something that made Steam not recognize that box or browser anymore. Deleted cookies, crashed the browser and it trashed the cookie jar, re-installed Steam, whatever.

Just wait for the cooldown to expire, or use a "device" that has been authorized before.

What do you mean by device that has been authorized before?
I tried to log in from my laptop as well, I cannot trade. The account seems to be 'banned'.
God.. 1 week without betting on lounge? :(
Black Blade Apr 3, 2014 @ 12:16pm 
Originally posted by Aseoux:
I tried to log in from my laptop as well, I cannot trade. The account seems to be 'banned'.
Why cant you go on lounge that site is not own by Valve..
Any way what he means is that if you had something else that was all ready authorized (like if you had one pc (call it A) and you then buy a second pc (B) and login on B you cant trade on B but you can trade on A
Aseoux Apr 3, 2014 @ 1:57pm 
Originally posted by Black Blade:
Why cant you go on lounge that site is not own by Valve..
Any way what he means is that if you had something else that was all ready authorized (like if you had one pc (call it A) and you then buy a second pc (B) and login on B you cant trade on B but you can trade on A

I guess I know what you mean, thanks. Most probably, my router's IP has been reset. The bots from lounge aren't even trading me =( , i tried to trade them but i keep getting that message with 7 days ban. So .. I'll just have to wait 7 days. Thanks for help.
Silicon Vampire Apr 3, 2014 @ 2:31pm 
please stop calling it a ban, it is not. It is a cooldown period.
§ℓü¶rî‡ξ Apr 3, 2014 @ 2:52pm 
learn to read. it clearly states what it is and why it has been done. u cant trade or sell it says so. after the 7 days ur account will trade and function as normal. it to protect peeps $$$$if u check ur email ull see that there an email telling u what ip loged into the account. all steps to protect your fro scammers and hacker and junk logging in elsewhere and taking all ur crap as common as it is.
Black Blade Apr 3, 2014 @ 6:10pm 
I guess I know what you mean, thanks. Most probably, my router's IP has been reset. The bots from lounge aren't even trading me =( , i tried to trade them but i keep getting that message with 7 days ban. So .. I'll just have to wait 7 days. Thanks for help.
not related to IP it works with a cookie
And i need to ask that are you sure no one maybe hack your account or something? (these may be 100% not related just want to be sure)
Last edited by Black Blade; Apr 3, 2014 @ 6:11pm
Aseoux Apr 3, 2014 @ 11:06pm 
Lol. Nobody tried to hack my account. Well, it's true that I've got lots of friend requests with guys sending me random links like steamcammunity or steamcommuniity etc. telling me that their friends wants to trade with me. Ofc I deleted them. Anyway, for me it feels like a ban cause I'm betting everyday on lounge. I'll just wait 7 days because I tried to "hack" my own account.
§ℓü¶rî‡ξ Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:57am 
just stop we have all gone through it before it not a big deal.
Black Blade Apr 4, 2014 @ 5:22am 
Lol. Nobody tried to hack my account. Well, it's true that I've got lots of friend requests with guys sending me random links like steamcammunity or steamcommuniity etc. telling me that their friends wants to trade with me. Ofc I deleted them. Anyway, for me it feels like a ban cause I'm betting everyday on lounge. I'll just wait 7 days because I tried to "hack" my own account.
Well not much to do with it, its just how it is... and all we can really do is blame the "hackers".
Its the same for me with the forums i know your feeling XD
I am here almost every day and i got all ready abut 5-4 cool downs for posting to much (its 24 hours or more) so i know the feeling of been locked... in my case of spammers.. but its the same point
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Apr 3, 2014 @ 5:45am