cybersquirt Mar 29 @ 8:23pm
starting games that need steam
why do I need to validate my computer on/for a gaming site? why is my login/password not enough when I want to play one of my many reqistered STEAM games that are installed on my machines? Oh, I have an XP machine and this machine but I assure you I am one person. Why do I continue to get prodded over access?
Last edited by cybersquirt; Mar 29 @ 8:24pm
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
FFL2and3rocks Mar 29 @ 8:43pm 
To protect your account from hijackers. Anyone who manages to figure out your username and password would also need the code that is sent to your email.
cybersquirt Mar 29 @ 8:46pm 
oh. in the scheme of things, I don't care who games under my name. are you so sure it's for my protection?
Black Blade (card rain) Mar 29 @ 11:53pm 
Originally posted by cybersquirt:
oh. in the scheme of things, I don't care who games under my name. are you so sure it's for my protection?
i think so.. even that i really did not much understand what you ask here
Kargor Mar 30 @ 4:29am 
Well, in general Steamguard ist a great thing to have, so nobody really cares if you don't want it.

In addition, as long as you don't want to "trade" in any form, you can play without Steamguard. Not that it matters, though -- authorizing a new computer is done once, and that's it.
cybersquirt Apr 3 @ 12:57am 
STEAM cares if I have it. it's why IT upgrades every other login and mysteriously tracks the machine I login from. And every time if I delete cookies. Every time.
Last edited by cybersquirt; Apr 3 @ 12:57am
Black Blade (card rain) Apr 3 @ 3:54am 
STEAM cares if I have it. it's why IT upgrades every other login and mysteriously tracks the machine I login from. And every time if I delete cookies. Every time.
If you mean Steam Guard then you can turn it off if you go to Steam -> Sittings -> Manage Steam Guard account security then turn it off and it will not ask you for that email any more

But note there are some real big down sides for these:
1. You cant trade or use the Steam Market while Steam Guard is off and 15 days after you active it
2. You making your account more easy to be stolen

Hope these helps the problem you get

The reason it ask for you to re-log each time you delete cookies is that Steam guard use a cookie to know you login from the same place.. if you clear cookies but keep that one then it will not happen
cybersquirt Apr 4 @ 5:54pm 
Thanks, Black Blade. One of these days I will go through all the steam settings (and find other treasures, I'm sure.)
Black Blade (card rain) Apr 5 @ 12:27pm 
Thanks, Black Blade. One of these days I will go through all the steam settings (and find other treasures, I'm sure.)
lol good luck.. i am some what hoping a day to make a video on all these little secrets it seem not every one know or things like that that may help

Be safe
cybersquirt Apr 5 @ 6:21pm 
Be safe. yeah, man. That's what I'm trying to do. You Too!
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 29 @ 8:23pm