이 토론은 잠겼습니다.
TacTicToe 2014년 3월 8일 오후 3시 00분
Open letter to Steam
I have been a long time user and customer of Steam, and wish to make an observation. It seems recently that Steam is promoting more and more and more "early access" releases. I can only assume the PC game development must be drying up, and you are now forced to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

I have to tell you, the trend of releasing so many crappy games as early release is bothersome for me. Each time I have made such a purchase, I have regretted it and now will no longer even contemplate buying an "early release" game. Some of these games are in such early alpha stages, that they are barely more than a concept and not at all playable.

I find it disturbing that Steam put out there for people to buy, games or products that are no where near ready for public consumption. It would seem to me that Steam's standards are no where near where it once was. Your companies ethics and integrity can easily be called into question.

I would urge you to cease and desist the publication or release of games that are labeled as early access. The quality of such releases only goes to leaving a bad taste in peoples mouths in regards to Steam. With that, it might be in your best interest to re-assess and possibly do away with the whole Greenlight thing. The poor quality releases of early access, seem to go hand in hand with Greenlight. If you doubt me on this, read your own discussion forums and see for yourself. There are a lot of us fed up with the garbage Steam has been putting out lately.

I enjoy using Steam as a medium for receiving the games I play. It makes buying, keeping and maintaining my game library very simple. I wish to continue using Steam going forward, but I felt compelled to explain how I feel about the current trend I am seeing with Steam. I can tell you I am not alone. I hope you will take this to heart as the constructive criticism it is meant to be, and perhaps begin to reverse the direction Steam has been going in.

Sign if you agree,
< >
5개 댓글 중 1-5개 표시
TeKraken 2014년 3월 8일 오후 3시 03분 
Ooh another early access thread.

If you dont like them stop buying them.
aiusepsi 2014년 3월 8일 오후 3시 17분 
I really don't see why people see this as unethical. No attempt is made to hide that games are early access. Reviews from other users are available.

If they were selling unfinished games as finished ones, or falsifying reviews or other such shenanigans, fair enough, that's unethical. But they're not.
Quazimortal 2014년 3월 8일 오후 3시 24분 
What a useless thread...
dirrtymartini 2014년 3월 8일 오후 3시 30분 
Quazimortal님이 먼저 게시:
What a useless thread...

Agreed. Seems like we have a new one of these sobbing threads every week. "Oh, Early Access will ruin the Internet, boo hoo"
dirrtymartini 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 3월 8일 오후 3시 32분
Tow mater 2014년 3월 8일 오후 3시 37분 
Early acces = releasing unfinished games that fit a trend which means more sales and money for all concerned.. thats why it happens

It's no shock that all early acess games are Indie, RPG, Zombies etc
Tow mater 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 3월 8일 오후 3시 37분
< >
5개 댓글 중 1-5개 표시
페이지당 표시 개수: 1530 50

게시된 날짜: 2014년 3월 8일 오후 3시 00분
게시글: 5