DonVonHulio Mar 9 @ 5:17pm
Can i have a Steam Final Version?
Basically... a steam market that has no "Early Access" games period. I dont even want there to be an option to see them.

They flood everything... Newest releases (when its not technically 'released'), Coming Soon etc. I dont care what new unfinished game is available.... if i want to play it, ill google it then find the developers website and get it from there.

I have no desire to pay for access to any "Early Access" games anymore. There isnt even a timer for how long a game can be in early access before they are forced to release a "finished" game. Because if they dub it as finished then people wont defend it against criticism like they did when it was 'beta'.

Regardless though. I want an option in my steam settings that i can check off that filters out all Early Access games for good.
Showing 1-15 of 75 comments
< >
Black Blade (Card Rain) Mar 9 @ 5:25pm 
AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Ok i feel better now (Do not need to see sooo many treads abut these [Had like 5 just today alone])

If its really that much of a pain to your eyes Get pEhnencd Steam[www.enhancedsteam.com] and go to there opsins to hide EAG.. if you do not want to use the 3rd Party Addon then just take the EAG
Last edited by Black Blade (Card Rain); Mar 9 @ 5:27pm
DonVonHulio Mar 9 @ 5:28pm 
You just barely make any sense.... but what you are saying i need a 3rd party addon. Why would i want a 3rd party addon for something i need to use a credit card for. It should just be an option.... and if there is so many threads about this same thing, then apparently it needs to happen.
Hanomaly Mar 9 @ 5:32pm 
Giving Steam the equivalent of giving your car a custom paint job in real life, does not allow anything to 'spy' on your credit card. No more than a new custom paint job on your car can now 'spy' on your car, or record your driving history. The addon is primarily cosmetic.

You can google "is enhanced steam safe" if you want.. or "enhanced steam reviews" to research for yourself.
Black Blade (Card Rain) Mar 9 @ 5:35pm 
Originally posted by DonVonHulio:
You just barely make any sense.... but what you are saying i need a 3rd party addon. Why would i want a 3rd party addon for something i need to use a credit card for. It should just be an option.... and if there is so many threads about this same thing, then apparently it needs to happen.
not really some do not agree to the idea.. the thing is just that many do not think abut hi... maybe there is a trad abut it all ready there and just make a new one... so you have like 100000 treads that all have like the OP poster and the same guys replaying the same comments

What i am saying is there is an addon for the browser that allow you to hide EAG if you cant take that step and just use the dam thing (And it give much more great stuff) then just PAIN in seening the EAG

I am sorry i am tired and really got fed up of seeing these treads... these will move nothing if you have 10000000000 treads abut these if you cant even group up to one tread to show support...
And in the end i can see most of the guys posting it are guys that almost never on the forums.... so for them its like one post here and there and who ever is on the fourms all the time gets to see the same dam post 10000000000 times

Edit: Add
I mean look at these:
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/search/?q=early+access
There are abut 8,444 entries abut these all ready.... can you understand that? there are 8,444 entries that is getting to 9000 posts abut the same dam thing over and over and over... i mean what you hoping to get from these post?
I think in these rate it may pass Tabs suggestions
Last edited by Black Blade (Card Rain); Mar 9 @ 5:39pm
Black Blade (Card Rain) Mar 9 @ 5:35pm 
Originally posted by Dinophiliac:
Giving Steam the equivalent of giving your car a custom paint job in real life, does not allow anything to 'spy' on your credit card. No more than a new custom paint job on your car can now 'spy' on your car, or record your driving history. The addon is primarily cosmetic.

You can google "is enhanced steam safe" if you want.. or "enhanced steam reviews" to research for yourself.
O see the souce code on GitHub

But hi NSA has spy camras in the pain jobs
Last edited by Black Blade (Card Rain); Mar 9 @ 5:36pm
DonVonHulio Mar 9 @ 5:38pm 
This should be something i shouldnt need a 3rd party addon for. It should be an option that we can voluntarily use or not within steam already.

Idc if some random source says its safe, im not attaching anything to my steam.
Last edited by DonVonHulio; Mar 9 @ 5:40pm
Black Blade (Card Rain) Mar 9 @ 5:40pm 
Originally posted by DonVonHulio:
This should be something i shouldnt need a 3rd party addon for. It should be an option that we can voluntarily use or not within steam already.
Well even if it will happen it will take time.. even thing in Valve is Valves time... so you will have to wait.. maybe a week maybe a few years... so if you do not want to use the 3rd party... just enjoy to ingore the Early Access trust me Valve got the point by now
Hanomaly Mar 9 @ 5:44pm 
Steam is 'free' - i am sure it is to Steam's advantage to adverstise everything to us as users. Because it makes money on the sale of games, so... of course they want you to see everything so that you might buy more! And who knows.. an early access might tempt you. Some early access games i've played feel quite polished. Or at least as polished as a lot of indie games in general feel :P

Steam advertising things you don't want to see is not that big of a deal. Your cable tv stations advertises to you things you don't want to see, or have no interest in buying, and you're /paying/ the cable station a huge monthly fee.

i suppose if there was a "monthly subscription" for Steam it would make sense to "opt out" of advertising, or something.. but short of that, i honestly don't get why people are so stressed about seeing Early Access.

i hate first person shooters. i will never play one, but i don't complain about all the FPS i see for sale and have to scroll through >.<
Hanomaly Mar 9 @ 5:47pm 
There is a Idea/Suggestion forum here though, so... you could post a thread about your idea there if you want.

"Let's make seeing Early Access games something you can opt in or opt out of." ...or whatever.

Although, like Black Blade said, there are already 5 billion threads about "waah early access" and 5 million ideas on removing early access games or hiding them. So... Steam/Valve surely gets the point that there are people who do not like seeing early access games, but apparently doesn't care. ^.^
Black Blade (Card Rain) Mar 9 @ 5:48pm 
no one say they do not care... there slow in putting things... just look at any thing that Steam adds there work on there own time
DonVonHulio Mar 9 @ 5:52pm 
Steam is 'free' - i am sure it is to Steam's advantage to adverstise everything to us as users. Because it makes money on the sale of games, so... of course they want you to see everything so that you might buy more! And who knows.. an early access might tempt you. Some early access games i've played feel quite polished. Or at least as polished as a lot of indie games in general feel :P

Steam advertising things you don't want to see is not that big of a deal. Your cable tv stations advertises to you things you don't want to see, or have no interest in buying, and you're /paying/ the cable station a huge monthly fee.

i suppose if there was a "monthly subscription" for Steam it would make sense to "opt out" of advertising, or something.. but short of that, i honestly don't get why people are so stressed about seeing Early Access.

i hate first person shooters. i will never play one, but i don't complain about all the FPS i see for sale and have to scroll through >.<

Steam makes money off of every single transaction. They are not hurting for money. A game should only be marketed when its finished?

I dont like point and click adventure games either, but if there happens o be a week where alot of them are released, or theres a special going on specifically for that genre... so what? At least they are complete? And if they are not then the reviews of that game will be truthful.
.. Mar 9 @ 6:04pm 

you obviously have absolutely no clue how a extension works and what can be done with... so it's better to say nothing..
Last edited by ..; Mar 9 @ 6:08pm
Hanomaly Mar 9 @ 6:11pm 
Originally posted by .L'autre:
you obviously have absolutely no clue how a extension works and what can be done with... so it's better to say nothing.. :B1:
So you're saying Enhanced Steam interacts with or accesses a user's credit card information?

Because that's the only 'extension' i'm talking about here.

~
Just because something CAN be done does not mean it's always being done.

Like when you have your kitchen remodelled. True... the company you hire COULD hide hidden cameras in all your cabinets and spy on you for the rest of your life. But, the simple fact is that pretty much never happens (although certainly has at least once or twice).

Just because Enhanced Steam could be doing something to fulfill all someone's paranoid fantasies, doesn't mean it /is/ doing all those things. Please tell me about all the credit card and private user information Enhanced Steam - specifically - is accessing?
Last edited by Hanomaly; Mar 9 @ 6:15pm
MasterChiefCaptainGeneral Mar 9 @ 6:12pm 
I believe in due time this will happen. Like others said it''ll probably happen you just have to be patient. It seems like it should be an obvious option that is added simply and shouldn't take long to implement however Steam deserves credit for how far its come to be what it is today.Even if you don't care, it matters, because they take what they're users and communities have to say seriously. They have a lot on their plate, think about how many demands they get from people like you saying this should already be here or oh it's so simple why should I have to do that it should already on Steam. They have a bigger list of priorities than you think and an even harder time finalizing and implementing these ideas and you must trust in them and give them the beniefit of the doubt. I believe they said they were taking down greenlight soon. One instance in which should ease your mind because there were a million threads about that too and look what happened. Anyway if it's that much of a concern for you rally other people with the same belief and give the issue some notoriety and maybe itll happen sooner. If you don't think that's what you should be doing or have to be doing to see a change like this than you obvioulsy do not care enough and shouldn't have bothered posting because that shows us your effort to change something for the greater and if you don't care then why should the people at valve care...
Showing 1-15 of 75 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 9 @ 5:17pm