WingZero Mar 12 @ 1:56pm
Steam all mighty
As an experiment to see how dedicated Steam is to customer satisfaction and quality, I created a very reasonable scenario to see how Steam customer service treats situations like these.

Sometimes Steam bundles cost more than buying it separately. Granted it's probably not ever going to be a significant amount in price difference, but it does happen. For example http://i.imgur.com/fUKHZ0o.png

So if you purchase a bundle pack and find out that it is cheaper buying it all separately, Submitting a ticket within a reasonable time (ex. less than one hour from purchase) requesting for a cancellation to get the better deal by buying it separately -OR- at least a credit of $0.21 cents to the account to offset the AWFUL/NONSENSE pricing situation of Bundle vs.individual items they offer, Steam replies back with "Unfortunately, we are unable to offer discounts to purchases made before or after sale periods." And just leaves it at that.
Last edited by WingZero; Mar 12 @ 1:57pm
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Black Blade Mar 12 @ 2:39pm 
You had it there.. showing you it will be more to buy it like that
You did not notice... so ya its some what not really there problem XD

And the bundles not been the same price dose not really seem to me to be a mistake... the price and discussant are made by the publisher of the games that put it on the store

Some time it seem they do not reprice the bundle... and i do not think its by mistake
Even sometime on normal price its higher then buying them in parts
marcostudios Mar 12 @ 2:40pm 
GJ Steam :D
Black Blade Mar 12 @ 2:42pm 
Originally posted by marcostudios:
GJ Steam :D
Think he read the tread XD (Did you?)
Last edited by Black Blade; Mar 12 @ 2:43pm
Tito Shivan Mar 12 @ 2:52pm 
All steam purchases are final. You acknowledge this point on each and every Steam purchase you make.
It's the user's responsibility to know what they are purchasing.
crunchyfrog Mar 12 @ 3:13pm 
As Tito says, Valve are simply acting in accordance with the respective laws and this is how it is with EVERY OTHER MARKET out there.

Only do some offer the goodwill gesture of such a price promise, but that's it - it's a promotion in itself. It's only desgined to get trade.

One of the major reasons Valve cannot offer you refund is simply becuase of this - THEY DON'T SET THE PRICES. This is also legally binding - you make an agreement with accepting the offer to treat. Once the money is taken from you, the deal is finalised. There is no going back, and that is how it should be.

Last edited by crunchyfrog; Mar 12 @ 3:13pm
VnZ Mar 21 @ 11:26pm 
nice one steam
The King Possum Mar 22 @ 2:05am 
when you buy a bundle it is suppose to save you money. but thanks for showing your customers you only care about ripping people off. you are correct all sales are finale. Why should steam want to keep people playing PC games and buying products from steam when they can not be ripped off by going to xbox or PS and buying games at gamestop. ALL SALES ARE FINALE!

Originally posted by Tito Shivan:
All steam purchases are final. You acknowledge this point on each and every Steam purchase you make.
Falro the Great Mar 22 @ 2:29am 
Originally posted by The King Possum:
when you buy a bundle it is suppose to save you money. but thanks for showing your customers you only care about ripping people off. you are correct all sales are finale. Why should steam want to keep people playing PC games and buying products from steam when they can not be ripped off by going to xbox or PS and buying games at gamestop. ALL SALES ARE FINALE!

Originally posted by Tito Shivan:
Publishers set pricing. It's not up to Steam whether bundle pricing makes sense or not. Sometimes mistakes get made. Get over it.
Fanatiqq Mar 22 @ 3:18am 
Originally posted by crunchyfrog:
As Tito says, Valve are simply acting in accordance with the respective laws and this is how it is with EVERY OTHER MARKET out there.

Only do some offer the goodwill gesture of such a price promise, but that's it - it's a promotion in itself. It's only desgined to get trade.

One of the major reasons Valve cannot offer you refund is simply becuase of this - THEY DON'T SET THE PRICES. This is also legally binding - you make an agreement with accepting the offer to treat. Once the money is taken from you, the deal is finalised. There is no going back, and that is how it should be.
Then why can GMG add gmg credit to my account when there's a price difference, or even if I told them once that my voucher wasn't counted for the transaction?
Brother Blood Mar 22 @ 5:10am 
This is the only thing i do not like from steam. Even on Origin you can return a game within 7 days that you purchased it if you did not install it or if you installed it you can return the game if you did not like it within 24 hours of having first launched it. Steam really needs something like that, they would gain more customers. Almost every single big name store has a policy like that, why can't Valve do the same? They are drowning in money after all.
Falro the Great Mar 22 @ 5:12am 
Originally posted by Brother Blood:
This is the only thing i do not like from steam. Even on Origin you can return a game within 7 days that you purchased it if you did not install it or if you installed it you can return the game if you did not like it within 24 hours of having first launched it. Steam really needs something like that, they would gain more customers. Almost every single big name store has a policy like that, why can't Valve do the same? They are drowning in money after all.
Read the fine print. Origin only enforces that policy on games that they publish. Origin is much smaller than Steam, so it doesn't really make a difference there. But Steam sells many thousands of games, few of which are Valve-published.
Tito Shivan Mar 22 @ 11:06am 
Originally posted by Falro the Great:
Publishers set pricing. It's not up to Steam whether bundle pricing makes sense or not. Sometimes mistakes get made. Get over it.
That's correct. It's not an obligation anywhere that bundles have to offer a better pricing than it's items per separate. It's up to the publisher to set up pricing that way.
Last edited by Tito Shivan; Mar 22 @ 11:06am
Chucara Mar 22 @ 3:06pm 
OP is not questioning whether or not it is legal what steam is doing, but whether it is 'right'. Personally, I think it is very poor customer service to not simply give the man his 21 cents.
Pewpewmoar Mar 22 @ 4:12pm 
Currently, if I go to my local supermarket, it's cheaper to but 4 tins individually of a leading brand of baked bens than it it to buy a 4 pack of said brand.

Does this need policing, or is it subject to the consumer noticing this?
Silicon Vampire Mar 22 @ 5:18pm 
One would have to ask why you didn't just purchase the games separately? I've done that very thing in the past.
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 12 @ 1:56pm