K3R3NSKY Mar 18 @ 10:58am
Steam and Games for Windows Live
if anyone has any information or if anyone at Valve can shed light on the matter, it appears Games for Windows Live is shutting down and steam will be transferring some games over to the Steam system, but what about other games that have not been given the official stamp of approval, what will happen to those games. If anyone knows please post and share what you know.

It appears this is a list of all games being transfered out of G4WL and what companies are doing.
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/17/games-for-windows-live-is-dying-we-check-the-life-support-of-ga/

So far:
Ace combat: Assault Horizon special edition - steam transfer
Bulletstorm - N/A
Fallout 3 - playable

2K Games
BioShock 2 - Steamworks

Capcom
Dark Void - N/A
Dead Rising 2 - N/A
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record - N/A
Lost Planet 2 - N/A
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition - N/A
Resident Evil 5 - N/A
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - N/A
Street Fighter X Tekken - N/A
Super Street Fighter IV / Arcade Edition - Steamworks

Codemasters
DiRT 2 - N/A
DiRT 3 - Steamworks
F1 2010 - Steamworks
F1 2011 - Steamworks
Fuel - N/A
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - N/A
Operation Flashpoint: Red River - N/A

Double Fine Productions
Iron Brigade - N/A

Microsoft
Fable 3 - N/A
Gears of War - N/A
Halo 2 - N/A
Microsoft Flight - N/A
Shadowrun - N/A
Tinker - N/A
Viva Piñata - N/A

Namco Bandai
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition - to be transfered to steamworks
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - N/A

Nordic Games
Red Faction: Guerrilla (Will strip GFWL. May replace with an existing service or develop its own.)

Rockstar Games
Grand Theft Auto IV + Episodes From Liberty City - N/A

Sega
The Club - N/A
Stormrise - N/A
Universe at War: Earth Assault - N/A
Virtua Tennis 4 - N/A
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2 - N/A

Shadow Planet Productions
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet (Steamworks)

Signal Studios
Toy Soldiers (Can choose between GFWL or Steamworks)

Strategy First
Flatout: Ultimate Carnage - N/A

Square Enix
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - N/A

Twisted Pixel
Ms. Splosion Man - steamworks soon

Warner Bros
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY - Steamworks
Batman: Arkham City GOTY - Steamworks
Gotham City Impostors - Steamworks
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - N/A

Zombie Studios / Ignition Entertainment
Blacklight: Tango Down - N/A

The following games are extremely unlikely to be updated:

Activision
Quantum of Solace (Delisted. Publisher no longer has rights to franchise.)

Disney Interactive
Star Wars: Clone Wars - Republic Heroes (Original publisher [Lucasarts] Closed)
Tron: Evolution (Studio Closed)

Timegate Studios
Section 8 (Studio Closed)
Section 8: Prejudice (Studio Closed)
Last edited by K3R3NSKY; Mar 18 @ 11:05am
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Satoru Mar 18 @ 11:26am 
Thats up to the developer/publisher of each game. Nothing to do with Steam.
Joe999 Mar 21 @ 11:36pm 
So basically a lot of games I bought and never played will become unplayable. This is typical Microsoft. See WMV-HD, WMA, etc. You buy stuff and they render it useless after they have your money.

However I do wonder why they don't offer a G4WL offline client. There's no need to have it all online. Or how did the pirates manage to play the games that support G4WL?
K3R3NSKY Mar 21 @ 11:52pm 
im sad to see this happen, there are apparently some third party files that bypass it but this would suck cause i was hoping to introduce a friend to bulletstorm
|Zs|Snowtrain Mar 22 @ 2:26am 
i wood give both of my ears to play Gears of War pc with steam works
Falro the Great Mar 22 @ 8:11am 
The first casulty is here:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bulletstorm-removed-from-steam-but-why/1100-6418469/
I guess the devs are done with it.
Shatlack Mar 22 @ 10:09am 
maybe there is a way to transfer all the windows live games over to steam,I know I own a few of em myself tron, and a bunch of the starwars series
TeKraken Mar 22 @ 10:18am 
Originally posted by SHATLACK:
maybe there is a way to transfer all the windows live games over to steam,I know I own a few of em myself tron, and a bunch of the starwars series
Yup, it worked for Batman.
Zukabazuka Mar 22 @ 11:16am 
The reason for it to work was because the developers put down time and money to gather the keys that they sold, add it to steam database after making it steamworks title and then release the update on steam.
Drex Mar 22 @ 11:42am 
I have to hand credit to WB they did a really good job on the Batmans. Back in Novemberish, they turned all the physical copy GFWL keys into steam keys, also removed live account based saves, and gave everyone copies of GOTY games regardless of what they had before.
cinedine Mar 22 @ 12:13pm 
Originally posted by Drex:
I have to hand credit to WB they did a really good job on the Batmans. Back in Novemberish, they turned all the physical copy GFWL keys into steam keys, also removed live account based saves, and gave everyone copies of GOTY games regardless of what they had before.

Except if you own a original release game of Arkham Asylum -.- You have to go through WB's support and hope to get a friendly agent on the other end after they close your ticket two times a row after one week.
Sharles Mar 22 @ 12:57pm 
just to make this clear, Super Street Fighter IV / Arcade Edition WON'T be Steamworks, Ultra Street Fighter IV, which is an upcoming upgraded version will be Steamworks, and owners of Arcade Edition will have an option to upgrade, but otherwise, Arcade edition on itself won't be ported.
Joe999 Mar 22 @ 10:19pm 
Why fix your game when you can make people pay money for something they already own? Works for EA (shutdown of servers to make people buy new versions), so why not here?
Shatlack Mar 22 @ 10:34pm 
I am sure I am not gonna be the only one highly pissed if that happens and I have to buy a new copy they would lose allot of buisness it is probably cheaper to fix somehow than lose the buisness
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 18 @ 10:58am