Musa.Joker Mar 17 @ 8:33am
Kinda worried...
I'm not sure this is the right forums but i have a problem. In the last 2 weeks i got 3 unread messages in my inbox from some people. I tought they were my friends but i was wrong. They were 3 different "people ( 3 different accounts)" and could send me a "message" without even adding me! But there wasnt a message in the message box though... Can someone tell me what is happening and what i should do?
Last edited by Musa.Joker; Mar 17 @ 8:34am
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Musa.Joker Mar 17 @ 8:58am 
Originally posted by Muppet among Puppets:
You might put your profile to friends only.
Otherwise, never trust a message that asks for something. Even if its from a fiend. Might have been hijacked.
Now i see what is happening... asked a friend and he said that those guys send FAKE steam links and get your personal info. For example, those guys sent me the link with the name "steam comnuinity", i made my profile to friends only now.
Black Blade Mar 17 @ 11:28am 
First if its any thing like "Hello my friend want to trade with you but cant add you here is his profile <Fake Steam Link here>" then do not click it... its fake Steam most of the time and if you login there you will be hacked...

Any way abut the messages they can send it from groups... so look at what group you and them are sharing and maybe leave them?
Also to see the messages open your browser and use Steam there... if you open messages in the browser you will be able to see them (offline messages not working well in the Client)
Musa.Joker Mar 17 @ 11:43am 
Originally posted by Black Blade (Study again \(-.-)/:
Also to see the messages open your browser and use Steam there... if you open messages in the browser you will be able to see them (offline messages not working well in the Client)
Thank you :)
Black Blade Mar 17 @ 11:47am 
o and last thing.. if any one sends you a fake link like that report them from there profile... so support will know
Kargor Mar 17 @ 11:58am 
Also, for most people around here, a "friend" seems to be any random guy they know nothing about, but who sent them an "invite" some time ago.

In such cases there's really no point in making a profile "friends only", as "friends" are no more trustworthy than anyone else.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 17 @ 8:33am