sethmage Mar 6, 2014 @ 4:35pm
Coupons
Did anybody received or saw any coupons for new games releases? Say, like South Park or Thief? Just curious how long it takes before you can get a coupon for a newer game
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Fox Mar 6, 2014 @ 4:48pm 
Originally posted by sethmage:
Did anybody received or saw any coupons for new games releases? Say, like South Park or Thief? Just curious how long it takes before you can get a coupon for a newer game
AFAIK, that's the publishers who "authorize" or not coupons for their own games. I'd assume they choose the percentage drops, and then it's out to randomly be gained in a craft, or distributed to all users who have a certain game.

I may be completely wrong, though, so you'd be better off having other, more valuable answers.
Black Blade Mar 7, 2014 @ 4:21am 
Originally posted by Fox:
AFAIK, that's the publishers who "authorize" or not coupons for their own games. I'd assume they choose the percentage drops, and then it's out to randomly be gained in a craft, or distributed to all users who have a certain game.

I may be completely wrong, though, so you'd be better off having other, more valuable answers.
I think you right even that i do not think they have control on the percentage drops.. as then it will be a war with them who puts it higher and gets all the drop
I think they may be able to select how many will be... but i think that is the limit there..

And i think you are right that its in full control of the publisher (why games that really are not active and old you may see they have no coupons at all)
ToTeNKopF Mar 7, 2014 @ 12:18pm 
Its a shame no one wants those coupons. Got -75% serious sam 3 and no one wants it. So I must ask you a question why do coupons even exist?
Last edited by ToTeNKopF; Mar 7, 2014 @ 12:19pm
UberFiend Mar 7, 2014 @ 12:30pm 
@OP: If such unicorns coupons exist there'll be some in the market.

Swiftly Me Mar 9, 2014 @ 12:56pm 
toten i will take serious sam 3 75% off
~Ren~ Mar 9, 2014 @ 1:08pm 
Originally posted by ToTeNKopF:
Its a shame no one wants those coupons. Got -75% serious sam 3 and no one wants it. So I must ask you a question why do coupons even exist?

This!

It seems such a waste, I offer them to friends firstly then try and give them away but the majority expire.

@ OP

I have several coupons, some at upto 90% off but not for the newer games.
sethmage Mar 16, 2014 @ 12:59pm 
The reason I asked if anybody saw any coupons for recent games was: look at the sales plus the pre-purchase discounts. Thief for the longest time had 10% off, Blackguards on the pre-purchase was also 10% off from $24.99, now the price for the full game is 39.99.

Might & Magic: Legends was on sale after only one month after the release, there are many games that were released within past 2 years that hit 75% on various sales promotions.

So I guess follow up question would be: did anybody uses the coupons?
Black Blade Mar 16, 2014 @ 2:02pm 
ya i use them once or twise...
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 6, 2014 @ 4:35pm