Sudden price increase of cards?
Okay so all of a sudden cards seems to have increased by 1-5 cents on each

I am a card dealer so I post lots of cards a day so I pretty much memorize all the common card prices

Yesterday and weeks before it TF2 cards were all 8 cents each, and I just now checked and they're all 11 cents. It's not just TF2, literally every card just jumped several cents

Did they release a new thing for crafting? The last time this happened was due to the Winter sale, but I can't find anything that would increase so many cards prices
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Vitdom Mar 6 @ 11:45am 
Maybe the new Steam Family sharing feature. Perhaps people are sharing their accounts and since games don't drop more than x number of times for an account, the family users purchase them on the market, since the only way to get cards is through account drops and the market.
Last edited by Vitdom; Mar 6 @ 11:45am
Black Blade Mar 6 @ 3:29pm 
Originally posted by Vitdom:
Maybe the new Steam Family sharing feature. Perhaps people are sharing their accounts and since games don't drop more than x number of times for an account, the family users purchase them on the market, since the only way to get cards is through account drops and the market.
You do know only the owner of the game gets drops ya? the share accounts do not get drops
TirithRR Mar 6 @ 5:07pm 
Originally posted by Black Blade (Study again \(-.-)/:
You do know only the owner of the game gets drops ya? the share accounts do not get drops

Which could explain what he is getting at. More players of the games (more demand) but the new players don't get drops themselves (same supply).

Black Blade Mar 7 @ 3:02am 
Originally posted by TirithRR:
Which could explain what he is getting at. More players of the games (more demand) but the new players don't get drops themselves (same supply).
So you saying someone that plays the game but has no cards for it.. will go and buy cards for it? a full set?
I mean you can just do it also with out even playing the game
TirithRR Mar 7 @ 4:15am 
I haven't tried Family Sharing yet, (because the way it works is worthless from my position). But games don't show up in your badge lists unless you own them right? Once you install and play a shared game, does it shows up there as well? Maybe there are a lot of OCD guys out there that don't like that list being full of empty games?

Or maybe some market Bots got their accounts banned?
Black Blade Mar 7 @ 4:24am 
Originally posted by TirithRR:
I haven't tried Family Sharing yet, (because the way it works is worthless from my position). But games don't show up in your badge lists unless you own them right? Once you install and play a shared game, does it shows up there as well? Maybe there are a lot of OCD guys out there that don't like that list being full of empty games?
I do not really think so... as you do not get any drops from the game and you do not own it i do not think it shows the badges at all

Just look up next Free Week End if the game shows in the list of badges
GenPattonBR Mar 7 @ 9:18am 
There are a few misconceptions here that I'd like to clear:

a) Free to play games only give cards if you buy in-game items. The ration is about 1 card for every US$9 spent on game items

b) Free weekend games don't drop cards, even if their paid versions do. Otherwise it would be a way for ppl to get free cards.

c) If you have a card for a game you don't own (eg. you bought the card or got it on a trade) the card and the badge will show in the badges list and inventory like any other card/badge

d) Cards are necessarily linked to spending money on Steam. There is no way Steam will give you cards if you don't spend money on games, either buying from Steam on activating a game (w/ tradeable cards) on Steam.

e) The cheapest the game, the cheapest the cards. One such example are games that become part of bundles (like Humble Bundle). Their cards immediately drop in price. There are a few exceptions. The same goes for games that were on Steam sales, such as Orion: Dino horde. Its cards drop over 60% in price after the $1 sale.

f) All cards lose value over time.

g) when there is a promotion that improves the awards for crafting badges, such as the last winter sales, cards prices increase a lot.

Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 6 @ 9:22am