#SPM. Still Drunk Mar 5 @ 5:13am
UPDATE ON HOW SCAMMERS SCAM...
When scammers send you a link and when you click the link it directs you to a an account that when you add it it automatically changes your username and password. that's how they work. Eventhough you are playing steam will require you for the password and you will lose connection to your dota 2 instantly disconnecting you then when you try to relog in then you can't log in anymore.

I hope this helps...
this came from the friend of mine who was scammed and also hacked.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Black Blade (card rain) Mar 5 @ 5:29am 
You got it worng
They send you to a fake site that there you try to add tells you to login (fake site not really Steam) and when you login they take that info and login

Its nothing new

For more info abut it:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177244559
Last edited by Black Blade (card rain); Mar 5 @ 5:29am
#SPM. Still Drunk Mar 5 @ 5:34am 
maybe yours was another scam.. my friend told it to me.
he said it will direct you a profile link.
TeKraken Mar 5 @ 5:37am 
Originally posted by SlasherMcGee:

Which is a fake profile link, as Black Blade said.
Black Blade (card rain) Mar 5 @ 5:38am 
Most of the time they send you to a fake site that looks like a profile account.... its not a real one... then when you login there they have your info

Its really old way to do it... and its works like that for years its called pushing
#SPM. Still Drunk Mar 5 @ 5:43am 
oh.. sorry i dont know. so that's how it works.. i wish valve could end this. even i am afraid to lose my account.
Black Blade (card rain) Mar 5 @ 5:54am 
oh.. sorry i dont know. so that's how it works.. i wish valve could end this. even i am afraid to lose my account.
just never open given links even more if there are outside of the client... links that are not of Steam it self open outside of the client
#SPM. Still Drunk Mar 5 @ 6:11am 
yeah. if they send me another message link i will just put it on steam community that will show them. the last time i recieved many messages like that.
Black Blade (card rain) Mar 5 @ 6:15am 
yeah. if they send me another message link i will just put it on steam community that will show them. the last time i recieved many messages like that.
Do not do that!!!!!!
Then some poor guy press it to see what it is.. and login... just report the user from his profile and that is it...
If you post it any were you will not show him you will help him
Last edited by Black Blade (card rain); Mar 5 @ 6:16am
Pewpewmoar Mar 5 @ 7:14am 
I don't understand how people are falling for these scams.

If you click a link that directs outside of steam, the following warning appears:

Note: The URL you have clicked on is not an official Steam web site.

<link address>

If this web site asks for your user name or password, do not enter that information. You could lose your steam account and all your games! Are you sure you want to visit this page? Click OK to continue at your own risk.

Is there a setting to disable this or something?
TeKraken Mar 5 @ 10:15am 
Originally posted by Pewpewmoar:
I don't understand how people are falling for these scams.

If you click a link that directs outside of steam, the following warning appears:

Note: The URL you have clicked on is not an official Steam web site.

<link address>

If this web site asks for your user name or password, do not enter that information. You could lose your steam account and all your games! Are you sure you want to visit this page? Click OK to continue at your own risk.

Is there a setting to disable this or something?

Greed stops people reading it seems.
Black Blade (card rain) Mar 5 @ 10:27am 
Originally posted by TeKraken:
I think its more of a what ever it says its nothing importnet or it will have flashing re lights or soemthing and a big *DING* when it appers XD
#SPM. Still Drunk Mar 5 @ 1:22pm 
Originally posted by Black Blade (Study again \(-.-)/:
Do not do that!!!!!!
Then some poor guy press it to see what it is.. and login... just report the user from his profile and that is it...
If you post it any were you will not show him you will help him
yeah maybe you're right.
the Portaller Mar 5 @ 4:34pm 
Originally posted by Black Blade (Study again \(-.-)/:
Originally posted by TeKraken:
I think its more of a what ever it says its nothing importnet or it will have flashing re lights or soemthing and a big *DING* when it appers XD
Yes. Valve should do that.
#SPM. Still Drunk Mar 5 @ 10:32pm 
haha! 4 scammers got reported just today.. with the same style..
PropaneNation™ Mar 5 @ 11:57pm 
The best thing to do would be to not click on any links given by anybody. And I notice posting trades on third-party sites like TF2 Outpost does trigger whatever controls those hijacked accounts. Whenever I post a new trade, I get a friend request almost instantly and that dude sends me that stupid link everytime I add him. It gets really frustrating because you don't know who really wants to trade with you.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 5 @ 5:13am