Bu konu kilitlenmiştir.
7 Days of Not Using the Marketplace? Are You Insane!?
I just lost my computer to a hard drive issue, and now that I log in to MY account with MY information that I VERIFIED was correct and belongs to ME, you see fit to banish me from Steam for 7 straight days!? What in the hell is wrong with you? I understand you have my best interests in mind, but you screwed up, big time. That is an entire week that the money I have alredy given you is sitting there, not being used; MY ♥♥♥♥ING MONEY! That you are telling me I can't use because I had to reinstall Windows. Also, it doesn't recognize that this is the same Google Chrome browser that I've used since September, so it considers my new reinstallation of Chrome to be a new device as well, locking me out of that for 7 days.

What a disgrace. Perhaps someone can take pity on me and resolve this before I have to wait for the services I have sunk time and money into, for the endorsement of Valve, no less.
En son Jung Trav God tarafından düzenlendi; 3 Mar 2014 @ 9:33
< >
13 yorumdan 1 ile 13 arası gösteriliyor
It only applies to the market, you can still buy games. You haven't been "banished from Steam." :Horse:
I don't use my Steam wallet to pay for games, that would be asinine. I am locked out of money I use in the Marketplace, which is what I currently want to use. And the fact that I can still spend money using this account for other things (but not this for some god forsaken reason) is much more a condemnation of the entire service than some sort of silver lining.
When you buy something from Steam, the transaction is just between you and Steam. When you buy things from the market, the transactions can be between you and any number of people.

If someone could use a stolen credit card to add wallet funds, buy a bunch of stuff right away, and then the transactions need to be reversed, then all of those reversed market transactions would also affect a bunch of other people who did nothing wrong.
En son FFL2and3rocks tarafından düzenlendi; 3 Mar 2014 @ 10:18
Then why can't they just verify my identity again? I already did it twice today, using the Steam Guard system they fraking set up. I completely understand what they are trying to do, but 7 days is overkill. Here I am, using my account to post to forums, add steam funds, and play games. I have more than proven myself already that this is my account. So why are they ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ me? From my perspective, regardless of the intent, that is what is happening. I am me, I have proven that and can continue to do so, that is my money, the things I want to buy with - once again, MY MONEY - may be gone in a whole week's time, or have raised in price.

My point is that the system is flawed.
The system is in place to reduce fraud
If someone gets into your email account, they can also get into your Steam account and authorize their computer with Steamguard. The wait gives you time to get it back before they have a chance to do anything.
I already told ou, I understand why its there. I'm just frustrated because this comes at me after I lost all my data on my old computer. The ♥♥♥♥ just keeps piling up, and this is one more stupid inconvenience, you know?
Security is not about "convenience"
i completely agree with Cherry!!!! its is stupid beyond all reasoning! i recently went through same situation !! i bought a new game with a new form of purchasing so as to have a backup!!! i already knew about the 7 day ban!! thats why i bought a game!! then a couple days later i added $10 dollars to my steam wallet with same purchasing avenue!! just FYI the new way i added was PayPal!!!i still got 7 day ban because it was new to the steam wallet !!lame!! so while on ban just to see if i could i bought another game!!! i know u say its for our protection!! i ask u what is Steam protecting me from!! -----------buying a 16 cent card or a $50 game!!! it just gets more stupid from there!! but my biggest gripe!! there is nothing that tells you anywhere what is about to happen!!! there is noone to speak with after it happens!! cause Steam is so big now we are just a number!!! sorrry for your troubles and thanks for letting me rant on ur place!! good luck
İlk olarak SpeedClown tarafından gönderildi:
i ask u what is Steam protecting me from!!
It's not protecting you from anything. It's protecting everyone else from you. They have to make sure you are using a legit payment method.

Otherwise you could buy items from other people using a stolen credit card, and returning those stolen items to their owners would be a far bigger inconvenience than what you are experiencing now.
I already use Steam Guard, isn't that supposed to be their main defense? Why do I even bother with that already dodgey (dodgy? doesn't look right either way, I must say) service if this is what happens anyway?
İlk olarak Satoru tarafından gönderildi:
Security is not about "convenience"

No ♥♥♥♥, but perhaps it should take it into account at the very least.
The rules are exactly the same for all users.
< >
13 yorumdan 1 ile 13 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50

Gönderilme Tarihi: 3 Mar 2014 @ 9:32
İleti: 13