=UPG= ๖ۣۜDalek Mar 3 @ 12:40am
banned from certain forums
Before I begin, I'm going to say right off the bat. I understand why I got banned off of a certain steam forums (warthunder), I just wonder if it's possible for forum mods to block your ability to take steam snapshots in their game. I recently posted an ingame snapshot http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=231203014 of another forum user who had tracked me down in game to belittle me regarding old forum posts that he found amusing. I'm not going to mention his name directly, but he's become a "teachers pet" with the forum mods. I even suspect that it's an alt account of a forum mod. He's probably the only person on the forums who will agree with anything a mod says, even if it means he has to contradict a previous statement of his. For doing this, he can and will get away with anything. When I posted said snapshot on the forum (I didn't create a new thread about it, I brought it up when he started agruing with other users again) the forum mods were quick to "pounce" on me. They edited my comment to remove the link and changed my typed messege to make me sound more like an ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Which last time I checked was against steam forum rules. When I changed my comment back to the orignal messege (not including the link) they edited it back to what they wanted me to say. There were comments on the snapshot from another person that the "teachers pet" was abusing. But those comments got magically removed when I was banned.

TL;DR version: Warthunder forum mods pick and choose favorites from the community and censor a lot of content that isn't 100% praising the game (like the Guise of the Wolf forums). They also edit your comments to make you sound like a ♥♥♥♥♥ and use that edited statement as evidence to ban you. And is it possible for the same mods to block your ability to take snapshots in the game that their forum is about?
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
=UPG= ๖ۣۜDalek Mar 3 @ 12:48am 
Originally posted by Muppet among Puppets:
No.
Stay away from weird people.
I can take snapshots in every other game in my library, but I haven't been able to take one in Warthunder since the second I got banned.
Zefar Mar 3 @ 1:59am 
Third party Moderators editing your post to make you look worse? Got any posts that shows that they have edited it?
Because the post that got you banned was not edited at all but rather the entire topic was just deleted.

Because right now they are actually some of the better mods of the third party developers. They actually use a temp ban instead of permanent on people.
Last edited by Zefar; Mar 3 @ 1:59am
Gen. Xite >X< Mar 3 @ 2:29am 
You are likely banned from posting scrrenshots as you have posted inappropriate comments, am I right?
Zefar Mar 3 @ 3:32am 
Well looks like you're not gonna try to fight it so I'll lock this thread.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 3 @ 12:40am