He gave me a fake steam wallet code for my gut knife
http://puu.sh/7fGli
< >
Viser 1-8 af 8 kommentarer
WhereIsBusmin 1. mar. 2014 kl. 20:58 
Report them via their profile ("More" > "Report Violation"), then read this: Steam Support > Steam Trading Policy

Next time don't trade outside of the existing trade system. You won't be getting your items back.
DatBoiSnow 1. mar. 2014 kl. 21:06 
so i will not get that knife back??
WhereIsBusmin 1. mar. 2014 kl. 21:10 
Oprindeligt skrevet af SnowLeopard:
so i will not get that knife back??

You will not. Take this as a lesson learned and read the Steam Trading Policy on how to prevent yourself from being scammed in the future.
DatBoiSnow 1. mar. 2014 kl. 21:11 
well that is like 130$. How is there no way to get it back. There is always a way.
WhereIsBusmin 1. mar. 2014 kl. 21:15 
well that is like 130$. How is there no way to get it back. There is always a way.

There isn't. You went against the Steam Trading Policy and traded outside of the trading system. Even if Steam Support were to investigate, it would look like you simply gave the items away.

What should I not trade for?

Do not trade for anything that cannot be added into the trade window within Steam. The most common examples of these scenarios are the following:
  • Trading items/gifts for money outside of the Steam Community market. You cannot add wallet credit or any form of money into the trade window. A common example of this is trading for items/gifts in return for money via PayPal.
  • Trading items/gifts for CD Keys. You cannot add a CD Key into the trade window. CD Keys that are offered can be for a different game, fake, used or region restricted. A common example of this trade is trading items/gifts in return for a promotional CD Key that is never given to you.
  • Trading items/gifts for nothing in return in the first trade and expecting to get an item or gift in a later trade. There is no reason to not trade everything in one trade. You may add unlimited items/gifts to a single trade. A common example of this is adding your items/gifts in one trade. Then the other user states that they will trade you their share or the rest of the items/gifts in another trade, but never do.

What is Steam's policy on returning scammed items/gifts?

Steam will not return any items or gifts that you feel have been traded unfairly. There are no exceptions to this policy. All trades are final. If you were scammed, you may report this scam to Steam Support so that action may be taken against the scammer. This does not include fraudulently purchased games that you receive. Please see this question for more information on what we do to handle fraudulent purchases.

Why will Steam not return items that were scammed?

During the trade process, Steam asks you to confirm your trade multiple times. It is your responsibility to review the items that you are trading. You first confirm the trade by checking the box that states, "Check this box when ready to trade". Once checked, you cannot add any items to the trade. If you remove an item you will have to re-check the box to confirm that you are ready. Once both users in the trade have checked this box, the final confirmation button will turn green. Both users must click this button to complete the trade. A log of the trade is also kept in a separate chat box within the trade window.
Sidst redigeret af WhereIsBusmin; 1. mar. 2014 kl. 21:15
DatBoiSnow 1. mar. 2014 kl. 21:18 
So i just wasted 130$ do you have any idea what i could do with that? There is no way steam could get my knife out of his account?
WhereIsBusmin 1. mar. 2014 kl. 21:20 
So i just wasted 130$ do you have any idea what i could do with that? There is no way steam could get my knife out of his account?

The item is gone. Report the scammer via their profile and hope that he gets what's coming to him (a ban).

Familiarize youself with common scams and the Steam Trading Policy so this does not happen again. If it doesn't fit in the trade window, do not trade for it.
Ganger 1. mar. 2014 kl. 23:22 
Learn from this lesson and never do silly trades like this again. You should of just sold the knife on the steam market. It may of taken a few weeks to sell but some silly person would of bought it for that price.
< >
Viser 1-8 af 8 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato opslået: 1. mar. 2014 kl. 20:54