Wolfkin1983 28/fev./2014 às 19:58
Verizon vs Net Neutrality
Verizon has recently stated that gamer's should pay more for there internet. Verizon Chairman and CEO since July 2011, Lowell C. McAdam, has been quoted stating...

"Its only natural that the heavy internet users help contribute to the investment to keep the web healthy. That is the most important concept of Net Neutrality."
Apparently Lowell has a misguided view on what Net Neutrality is. According to Google it is defined as such.

Net Neutrality: The principle that Internet service providers should enable access to all content and applications regardless of the source, and without favoring or blocking particular products or websites.

This includes the restriction of data unless paid for. In other-words a cap that would restrict your internet usage and limit your time online. If you can pay the higher cost.

Now keep in mind who would be hit the most from this. Such a large amount of data wouldn't come from just playing online games. The largest bulk would come from downloading a game or update. I'm looking at you Steam community! Console gamer's wouldn't get hit as hard, since most console games are disk based. BUT! For those who play games such as DC Universe Online, the almost monthly updates added to the already large initial download could get VERY costly.

Whatever the case may be, this is a story we should all keep an eye on as a gaming community, be it Console or PC. What do you as a gamer think?
< >
Exibindo comentários 14 de 4
Peter Pan 28/fev./2014 às 23:17 
Is he serious?

I would think the biggest data users are video streams like youtube, where they view MBs and MBs of stuff. Or even people using torrent, which can also disrupt an online gamer. Online gaming cannot possibly use so much bandwidth to the point of it being an issue.
Wolfkin1983 28/fev./2014 às 23:53 
Like I said above. Its not the actual playing that uses so much but the download of large files like games and updates.
crunchyfrog 1/mar./2014 às 8:36 
They're a shady major company.

Thankfully, here in England there are tons of small ISPs who don't subscribe to such crappy practices. Vote with your wallet.
TeKraken 1/mar./2014 às 8:56 
I would say that people who download large amounts of data already pay for a premium service {generalising} .

Examples:
My dad surfs and does shopping, buys cheap internet with slow speed.
My brother streams films and downloads games, buy expensive fast broadband.

Escrito originalmente por Muppet among Puppets:
They want mo money.....
So they need reasons.

Escrito originalmente por crunchyfrog:
They're a shady major company.

Thankfully, here in England there are tons of small ISPs who don't subscribe to such crappy practices. Vote with your wallet.

Agree to both.
Última edição por TeKraken; 1/mar./2014 às 8:57
< >
Exibindo comentários 14 de 4
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado em: 28/fev./2014 às 19:58