EvilCookieZ Feb 28 @ 6:17am
WHY am I not getting any booster packs???
I've been waiting for months, since the Trading cards started, to get at least ONE booster pack!
But I'm just not getting any! Please help!
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
TeKraken Feb 28 @ 9:59am 
How many of your games are eligible for boosters?

Go to your badge page and click "View my booster pack eligibility".
K'senia Feb 28 @ 10:11am 
In my experience, boosters are EXTREMELY rare. I have 22 games with booster eligibility and I have only ever received 1 booster pack since this whole thing started. Supposedly you get more as you level up your account, but I haven't seen it.
EvilCookieZ Feb 28 @ 10:42am 
I've got 15 games eligible for booster packs.
ColdSun Mar 1 @ 2:12am 
I have upward of 100 games eligble (and steam level 44) and get a pack roughly every 2-4 weeks
Raze Mar 1 @ 3:16am 
I have about 280 eligible games and I see 1 sometimes 2 booster packs every couple of weeks. Sometimes its 3-4 weeks without any and I am steam level 80.

They are certainly not common and i would not count on them for completing badges. Just look at them as a special bonus when you get them.
crunchyfrog Mar 1 @ 8:30am 
Originally posted by scornel34:
In my experience, boosters are EXTREMELY rare. I have 22 games with booster eligibility and I have only ever received 1 booster pack since this whole thing started. Supposedly you get more as you level up your account, but I haven't seen it.

They're not "extremely rare", but they aren't common either.

There's a few things you should bear in mind.

Firstly, as you rightly point out, the higher level you are, the slightly elevated chance you have of receiving them. Secondly, booster packs are ONLY generated as soon as someone else creates a badge for that game. So, even if you have a ton of eligible games, if they're not played often by others, or not popular, then don't expect for the chance of you getting a booster popping up very often.

I buy a lot of the indie bundles, and they're extremely popular, so I've had about 7 or 8 boosters, despite only recently bothering to trade at all.

Originally posted by EvilCookieZ:
I've got 15 games eligible for booster packs.

This explains a lot, then.

From my experience, the 7 or 8 packs I've had are from loads of eligible games because I have a lot of games on here.
Last edited by crunchyfrog; Mar 1 @ 8:32am
EvilCookieZ Mar 1 @ 8:40am 
Thanks for the info!
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 28 @ 6:17am