alpha kenny body Feb 27, 2014 @ 4:08pm
I need an answer to this!
If I buy a game pack on steam (a pack that comes with gift-able copies of a game in it). Would I be able to sell a copy on eBay, befriend the person i'm selling it to on steam and gift it to them??? cause I have some copies of games that I don't want
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Spawn of Totoro Feb 27, 2014 @ 4:10pm 
That would be a violation of E-bay's policies.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/downloadable.html

Steam's SSA:

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

You are entitled to use the Software for your own personal use, but you are not entitled to: (i) sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of the Software to other parties in any way, nor to rent, lease or license the Software to others without the prior written consent of Valve, except to the extent expressly permitted elsewhere in this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use); (ii) host or provide matchmaking services for the Software or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Valve in any network feature of the Software, through protocol emulation, tunneling, modifying or adding components to the Software, use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose including, but not limited to network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation networks, websites or services, without the prior written consent of Valve; or (iii) exploit the Software or any of its parts for any commercial purpose, except as expressly permitted elsewhere in this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use).
-----
Looks like it isn't allowed.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; Feb 27, 2014 @ 4:20pm
alpha kenny body Feb 27, 2014 @ 4:19pm 

So basically I cant if the game says, tradeable, not marketable?

Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
That would be a violation of E-bay's policies.

Steam's SSA:

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

You are entitled to use the Software for your own personal use, but you are not entitled to: (i) sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of the Software to other parties in any way, nor to rent, lease or license the Software to others without the prior written consent of Valve, except to the extent expressly permitted elsewhere in this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use); (ii) host or provide matchmaking services for the Software or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Valve in any network feature of the Software, through protocol emulation, tunneling, modifying or adding components to the Software, use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose including, but not limited to network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation networks, websites or services, without the prior written consent of Valve; or (iii) exploit the Software or any of its parts for any commercial purpose, except as expressly permitted elsewhere in this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use).
Spawn of Totoro Feb 27, 2014 @ 4:22pm 
You can't sell it for money, regardless, without written consent from Valve.

From Ebay:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/downloadable.html

Allowed:
  • Software that you're authorized to sell online by the owner, the owner's authorized agent, or the law
  • Computer software you created and own the rights to
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; Feb 27, 2014 @ 4:23pm
Drunken Feb 27, 2014 @ 4:26pm 
I know Steam / Valve / Publishers / Devs doesn't allow it, I just wondered why there's nothing done against all these people breaking the rules.
Last edited by Drunken; Feb 27, 2014 @ 4:26pm
alpha kenny body Feb 27, 2014 @ 4:28pm 
yeah ik, I see it all over ebay, especially with ebays digital download policy stating that you must have permission to sell the product from the creator or distributor (if it is digital)

Originally posted by Drunken:
I know Steam / Valve / Publishers / Devs doesn't allow it, I just wondered why there's nothing done against all these people breaking the rules.
Spawn of Totoro Feb 27, 2014 @ 4:29pm 
Originally posted by Drunken:

Originally posted by Sovereign:
yeah ik, I see it all over ebay, especially with ebays digital download policy stating that you must have permission to sell the product from the creator or distributor (if it is digital)

There are if they are found out. Several complaints in the ebay forums show as much. Some were not even selling by trade, but by key and were told they couldn't do so.

Just because people do it, doesn't mean they are allowed to. Eventually it will catch up to them.

Remember, most of them us paypal and paypal has been known to close accounts too. Wouldn't be surprised if people lost a fair amount from doing this.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; Feb 27, 2014 @ 4:31pm
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 27, 2014 @ 4:08pm