riDDleS? Feb 25 @ 3:40pm
15 days without market :/
So here's the problem ,,, I unknowingly enabled and disabled the Steam gaurd... and it caused my account to stop trading or buying or selling for 15 days :/ One of my very expensive items were already on sale and I need them for a trade.. I cant access them. HELP!
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
FFL2and3rocks Feb 25 @ 3:42pm 
Nothing can be done, you'll just have to wait.
riDDleS? Feb 25 @ 3:42pm 
Originally posted by FFL2and3rocks:
Nothing can be done, you'll just have to wait.
Nooooooooo :'( isnt there anyway i cud contact someone from steam? like Faq's support etc
FFL2and3rocks Feb 25 @ 3:47pm 
They can't do that for you.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1047-EDFM-2932

Steam Support cannot modify trading or Steam Community Marketplace restrictions in any case. This is regardless of the circumstances under which your account became restricted. Any Steam Support ticket that is submitted with a request to bypass restrictions will be referred to this article and closed.
McStorm Feb 25 @ 4:59pm 
Having the same problem, absolutely ridiculous that you have to wait 15 days to trade. Why can't they just send code to your email to reactivate. Steam Support is the worst EVER, worse than EA.
Kewl Feb 25 @ 5:37pm 
Originally posted by McStorm:
Having the same problem, absolutely ridiculous that you have to wait 15 days to trade. Why can't they just send code to your email to reactivate. Steam Support is the worst EVER, worse than EA.
It's not just about the user's security, this restriction is also part of the Anti-Fraud measures Valve is taking regarding the Marketplace.
it's a good thing and it should stay like that.
riDDleS? Feb 26 @ 12:19am 
Ahhh, I'll wait then T.T. Thanks any way ^^.
riDDleS? Feb 26 @ 12:24am 
Well Guys,,, I just got another question... The item I had for sale will it still be sold? Well I cant remove the item from there and it says that I'll have to wait till 15Days.. I can see it in the list though.
SpeedClown Feb 26 @ 11:26pm 
i find it utterly ridiculous!! the only people that get a market ban are the steam customers doing nothing wrong!!! yet steam turns there head away from market bots abusive players ganging up on people etcetcetc!!! i am currently under a market ban for adding a second form of payment!!! i purchased a game with paypal then put $10.00 us on my steam account for market money and they ban me for 7 days!! hen i use the same paypal 2 days later to buy ♥♥♥ creed 4 black flag!!! now how does me not buying a 16 cent digital card protect me but i can spend $50 before and after the ban withs ame account!!! very disappointed in steam in this lame action!! but worse thing of all is there is no recoarse of action that or direction of anyway to resolve this situation!!! i could even understand if i were a new customer but im not!! and just as important im not paying on some credit card im paying with direct bank transfer of money on both types of payment im using!!!fix this stupid crap Steam and of rgod sake at least put a large warning up in the payment section telling players what is about to happen if they continue paymeny action!!
SpeedClown Feb 26 @ 11:29pm 
kewl what is good about it!!?? i could see if someone commited fraud but i say again the only people penalized are the ones that are not doing anything wrong!! the ones doing fraud etcetc get away with murder
Jade Feb 27 @ 12:11am 
Originally posted by SpeedClown:
kewl what is good about it!!??
It's very simple. If your account gets hijacked the hijacker won't be able to trade your items away before Steam support returns your account to you.

It's not a problen anyway because you can't "unknowingly" disable Steam Guard. You have to very much knowingly go into the settings and turn it off. And there is no reason to ever turn Steam Guard off.
riDDleS? Feb 27 @ 1:49am 
Originally posted by Jade:
Originally posted by SpeedClown:
kewl what is good about it!!??
It's very simple. If your account gets hijacked the hijacker won't be able to trade your items away before Steam support returns your account to you.

It's not a problen anyway because you can't "unknowingly" disable Steam Guard. You have to very much knowingly go into the settings and turn it off. And there is no reason to ever turn Steam Guard off.
By "unknowingly" I meant that I didnt know that I will get 15 days of ban. I did it myself, but I didnt know the result..
Jade Feb 27 @ 2:05am 
Like I said, there is no reason to turn Steam Guard off.
TirithRR Feb 27 @ 3:24am 
Well, stop thinking of it as a "Punishment". They aren't punishing you, they are potentially protecting you, every other user that may do trades/purchases with you, and Steam's own work required to investigate and undo anything that may happen while the account is not in your possession.
riDDleS? Feb 27 @ 7:08am 
Originally posted by Jade:
Like I said, there is no reason to turn Steam Guard off.

Originally posted by TirithRR:
Well, stop thinking of it as a "Punishment". They aren't punishing you, they are potentially protecting you, every other user that may do trades/purchases with you, and Steam's own work required to investigate and undo anything that may happen while the account is not in your possession.
Ah well but there should be a "verification" kinda thing by which I could verify myself and remove the ban.
It could turn into a great loss u know.
Last edited by riDDleS?; Feb 27 @ 7:09am
Jade Feb 27 @ 8:53am 
Originally posted by riDDleS?:
Ah well but there should be a "verification" kinda thing by which I could verify myself and remove the ban.
What would stop the hijacker from pretending to be you, verifying the account and stealing your items?
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 25 @ 3:40pm