SpeedClown Feb 22 @ 3:08am
another level of stupidity on the market lock-out
ok want to add a new level of lame! ive been with steam really almost 15 years !! since shortly after the original Half-life game came out!!! but they have there stupid policys ok i try and deal with it!! but this one today is just stupid and no reason for it!! recently added paypal as a way of paying for games etc and have purchased two games already with that method!!! no penalty there but i use same method to add $10.00 us dollars too my account and get locked out of market for a week!!! please let some moderater try and answer this stupid crap !! please!!!
thanks for nothing !!SpeedClown

P-- i just want to add the paypal account is a direct payment out of my checking account so u would think this would insure they get there money immediately!!
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
FrazerJC Feb 22 @ 3:50am 
It's to help prevent fraudulent purchases on the Steam Market using stolen details. Because the moment one Market purchase has to be reversed because of fraudulent activity, a whole heap of other trades have to be gone back on right up until the item is back at the original owner.

And then what happens if the original owner has already spent the money they got from selling that item? Well, they have to lose that item now, too. Etc etc. It gets messy. That's why the restriction is in place.

PS: Steam has been around for 10 and a half years, starting in late 2003.
d7602002 Feb 22 @ 4:45am 
Half Life has been around for 15 years or so, but actually Steam has not. I see Frazer already mentioned it, so I won't be a dead horse.
Brody Feb 22 @ 2:55pm 
still extremely annoying i still have another week to wait after waiting a whole one already, i just dont see why they dont add a system to call or contact steam and prove the card isnt stolen so i dont have to wait weeks to buy from the market
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 22 @ 3:08am