LR.Caca Feb 18 @ 10:55pm
can't buy something on steam market community
I want to buy badges, I got message like this http://i.imgur.com/zI2G6ca.png
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
WhereIsBusmin Feb 18 @ 11:04pm 
Steam has been having some problems tonight with a lot of users complaining about the not being able to purchase from the Community Market and "false" restrictions. Search around for other threads if you wish. If this describes your situation you may simply have to wait for Valve to resolve whatever is happening.
Zakar Feb 19 @ 10:51am 
@WhereIsBusmin The error above has nothing to do with an error involving Valve, or the steam community. The "Error" Above is a perfectly intended feature.

@OP You have 4 games, Likely purchased within the last few days. If you want Steam Community Market Access, You need to make a purchase, and wait 30 days. Should no payment errors occur in that time period, Steam will put your account in "Good Standing" which will allow you to use the community market.
l457 |>L4(e Feb 19 @ 4:12pm 
Originally posted by Zakar:
@WhereIsBusmin The error above has nothing to do with an error involving Valve, or the steam community. The "Error" Above is a perfectly intended feature.

@OP You have 4 games, Likely purchased within the last few days. If you want Steam Community Market Access, You need to make a purchase, and wait 30 days. Should no payment errors occur in that time period, Steam will put your account in "Good Standing" which will allow you to use the community market.

I'm getting the same issue as the OP as of last night and I do meet the criteria mentioned despite its claim otherwise. I have opened a support ticket and await a response.
WhereIsBusmin Feb 19 @ 6:46pm 
Originally posted by Zakar:

@Zakar: I am well aware of how the restrictions work. In case you were not active last night, I should clarify that throughout the evening there were over a dozen reports on these forums of "random" 30-day purchase restrictions despite many of the users truly being eligible. It resolved itself after several hours, at least for those that reported back that they could use the market again. So in that sense, yes there was a bug. However, whether the OP was being affected by the "bug" or whether they were authentically restricted, I don't know. I may have been incorrect in assuming either way.
Last edited by WhereIsBusmin; Feb 19 @ 7:11pm
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 18 @ 10:55pm