This topic has been locked
FROZEN Feb 18, 2014 @ 6:31am
Someone scam me !!!
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/*********/
this user scam me.
He told me he will give me 30$ if i trade to him my Shagbark and Greevil first.He say that once complete the trade the money will automatically sent to my account.Because this is my first time doing this,i belive him and did as he told.After I gave him my items,he started giving excuses that his computer is lag and all.Then he say that he ask the STEAM staff and told me that he will send another extra 20$ to me so it can only be suceesfully sent to me.But of course he also told me to add my sets in.I was furious and suspected i got scammed by him so i immediately ask him to return my items kindly...but ended up he gave molre excuses and ended up blocking me.
Pls help me I dont know what to do.
Is it possible that I can get my items back...they are quite expensive
Last edited by Tito Shivan; Feb 18, 2014 @ 7:27am
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Black Blade Feb 18, 2014 @ 6:34am 
no need more then 1 tread on the subject
And again do not name and shame on the forum:
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/558747922959530441/
~Ren~ Feb 18, 2014 @ 7:21am 
I don't know if you can get your items back as you traded outside the steam trading system, it's set up specifically to avoid these type of scams.

Contact Steam Support and explain to them what has happened, you might be lucky and get your items back but don't count on it and make sure you report the profile of the scammer to try and avoid anyone else being scammed.
Falro the Great Feb 18, 2014 @ 7:21am 
Contact Support. But you may not get your items back because you were trading outside the system. Remember, if it doesn't fit in one trade window, DON'T TRADE.
ReBoot Feb 18, 2014 @ 8:40am 
The window made clear that you'll gift the stuff. So just take that as a lesson.
eram Feb 18, 2014 @ 8:44am 
You must have clicked this is a gift. You gave the items away for free.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 18, 2014 @ 6:31am