Rattledparrot Feb 17 @ 5:19am
Is Steam Getting more unreliable?
When I first downloaded Steam I had big problems with fps on the games I was running with steam in the background. Then I upgraded my computer and had 3 years or more of hassle free gaming. Now with another new computer in the last 6 months I have spent a lot of time trying to fix steam for various different problems In the last fortnight I have yet again lost the ability to download new games and update existing ones (this yet again fixed itself after a week or so) and have now got an issue where the store is an unusable mess and takes ages to to load. None of this would be a major problem but steam support is almost none existent. Is it time to revert back to buying discs?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Freyar Feb 17 @ 5:28am 
For the PC market, it's far too late to revert to buying discs. PC releases just don't have a box presence anymore.
Rattledparrot Feb 17 @ 6:03am 
Are there alternative sites to download games from?
BEAR Feb 17 @ 6:24am 
This would most likely be a stupid quetion. but are you sure the firewall or an malware program is not blocking steam of? Had the same problem when i first started using steam. But the i fixed my firewall and malware program to not block steam and it have worked perfect every time since.
Rattledparrot Feb 17 @ 7:05am 
none of my security programs are blocking steam. Steam is working but like I say the store is an unusable mess again. After a few week or so there will be another update and this will more than likely resolve itself again.
BEAR Feb 17 @ 7:10am 
I realy hope it all works out for you in the new update. good luck
Rattledparrot Feb 17 @ 7:17am 
Thanks but if it is not this issue it seems to be another that is my concern Steam has only worked well periodically for the last 6 month If this is the sign of things to come I will not spend any more money with them whatever the alternative may be.
BEAR Feb 17 @ 7:53am 
I play with many people and they all have steam aswell and none of them seem to have any problems with their steam acount like you do. So i do not know what to say that might help you're current problem. Is there none on the Steam admins that you can notify and have them look into you're problem?
marianne~ Feb 17 @ 10:29am 
I have a new desktop PC/tower and monitor. I used Steam on my old set-up and when I installed Steam for my new one, the Steam updates took quite awhile. So I'm wondering if it might be the Steam version that is causing your problem.

What brought this to mind is that when I first joined Steam way back when, I had problems and found out it was the Steam version creating mischief.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 17 @ 5:19am