fr4zza Feb 13 @ 12:40pm
Good Skyrim-Like Game?
Hello there, I really enjoyed Skyrim and Oblivion, and I played them to death, but I got bored of them a while ago. Lately I've had the urge to play Skyrim again, but I've played just about every quest at least 3 times. Does anybody know of a game like Skyrim or that a Skyrim player would like? Thanks for any suggestions.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Zantestuken (Banned) Feb 13 @ 1:25pm 
Try Morrowind, Gothic, or Divinity 2.

I think The Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind is the very best game of the Elder Scrolls Anthology.
If you know how to play it then theres a lot of fun.
fr4zza Feb 13 @ 2:02pm 
Divinity 2 looks pretty cool, I'll definitley be checking it out. Thanks!
Zantestuken (Banned) Feb 13 @ 2:03pm 
You´re welcome ;)
Laptop65 Feb 13 @ 3:38pm 
It would take 1000 years to do Skyrim 100% 3 times in a row D:

Ever played Mass Effect? That's a very popular RPG.
leecooper90 Feb 13 @ 5:06pm 
There's always Two Worlds II if you can handle the awkwardness. Although it's not first-person.
Mr. Hankey (Banned) Feb 13 @ 5:40pm 
Far Cry 3
Fallout New Vegas
Grand Theft Auto 4
Boreak Feb 13 @ 8:01pm 
If you like story driven RPGs with lots of side quests I would recommend checking out Dragon Age: Origins.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/47810/

Obviously, it's not the same as Skyrim as you control a party rather than one character but I played the hell out of this game. The steam version even includes the Awakening expansion and the DLC side quests. There are several different races, classes and backgrounds to choose from when creating your character. Taking the Dwarf race as an example, you can either play as casteless Dwarf (commoner) or the son/daughter of the Dwarf king (noble). Personally, I clocked over 200 hours on this game, but I did restart quite a bit, trying the different race/class combinations.

I noticed you own The Witcher but haven't played it much. I know the combat is offputting at first, but you do get to used to it after a while. It sat in my library with under an hour played for a long time, but recently I decided to give it another try and I am enjoying the game now. The Witcher 2 is on sale right now if you have any interest in that. The Fallout series might also be worth checking out, the time setting is very different but like Skyrim, it's an open world RPG with lots of side quests and it was made by the same developer.
Last edited by Boreak; Feb 13 @ 8:09pm
Two Can Van Damme Feb 14 @ 1:58am 
Do you want a challenge? Then let Dark Souls take you by the hand as its so tough it literally eats Skyrims face.
Skyrim...'Hey there's a dragon', 2 minutes later dragon is dead.
Dark Souls...'Hey there's a drag..ooooo crap thats big and it mean business.....aaahhh its eating me again aaahhhhhhhhhhhh'
Pewpewmoar Feb 14 @ 2:05am 
Risen isn't too bad. A little buggy in places, but not bad. Worth picking up cheap at least:)

Witcher 2 got all sorts of plaudits, and is very highly recommended by a lot of people. I can't get in to it tho, which probably says more about me than the game itself.
Ezro Feb 14 @ 2:11am 
I'd recommend Fallout: New Vegas. I found that it was much better than Fallout 3 (despite being riddled with bugs upon release). And while it doesn't have the same Fantasy element as the Elder Scrolls world, it's made by the same people and still loads of fun. Also, it's one of the few games I actually bought all the DLC for at full price.
Last edited by Ezro; Feb 14 @ 2:12am
lambenttyto Feb 14 @ 7:04am 
The Witcher? How about Dragon Age?
fr4zza Feb 14 @ 7:17am 
Thanks for all the suggestions :D I have a pretty good list of games to try out now. Also I think I'll give the Witcher another go
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 13 @ 12:40pm