Africanboy Feb 13 @ 10:45am
Civilization V or Total war Rome 2
Can¨t decide which should I buy
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
live4truths Feb 13 @ 11:15am 
Civ5 is in a current Humble Bundle .... www.humblebundle.com
Il Palazzo-sama Feb 13 @ 12:44pm 
User Metacritic gives 40 for TW:R II, 75 for vanilla Civ V and 85 for Civ V with Brave New World DLC.

I'd strongly suggest the $15 “Civ V + Brave New World + other Sid Meier games you don't care about + Action Against Hunger donation” road via the current Humble Sid Meier Bundle.
Blind Man Feb 13 @ 8:02pm 
1) Never follow Metacritic. Rome 2 Got bombed because of its ♥♥♥♥♥♥ launch.

2) It really comes down to 2 questions:

Do you like leading an army into battle, or do you find that part boring? Do you want to play with sword and tanks, or just swords?

Both games have a turn based element. They dont have you manage buildings in your cities, Build units, order guys around a map, and then hit next turn. The difference is that Rome 2 is far more in depth, but it only covers one technological era. Civ 5 on the other hand is much easier to play and covers most of history (plus the future).

Civ 5's Combat is really simple, with you slaming two units into each other, dice rolling, and stats/modifiers acted out all in the background. Rome has a similar feature, but also lets you lead your troops onto the battle field.

if you really need to make a decision, IGNORE metacritic, and go watch some RECENT (Rome 2 was broke at launch but runs fine now) lets plays of both games. You can also probably grab Rome 1 for cheap on steam.

If i had to choose a game for you, id probably say Civ 5 atm. Because of the humble bundle going on it will just be so much cheaper.

Two Can Van Damme Feb 14 @ 1:55am 
I noticed after looking at your profile that you dont own ANY Total War games. With that in mind you're better picking up the older titles (that work), Rome Total War (9.0/10), Medieval Total War 2 (9.3/10), Empire Total War (9.4/10), Napoleon Total War (9.5/10), and finally Shogun Total War 2 (9.6/10). The scores in brackets are my own scores and not representative of any reviews done by any other party.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 13 @ 10:45am