Just a silly Rant about F2P games and Trading cards.
Recently I've been noticing that a few F2P games have been adding trading cards to their games, 2 in Particular that I've noticed are Magicka Wizard Wars and Dungeonland.Now,in the past it has been that in F2P games you got cards by spending cash in the In game stores (DoTA2 and TF2).Now in comparison these completely free cards seem to have no value,and an obvious ploy to get people to play the games,but in reality,most card collectors will just
idol the game and Collect them from that.And I know there are people that honestly play the games to get the cards ,but this to me just seems like a bad marketing tool to get people to play the game (And Yes I do realize that they do get a percentage of the cards sold) But it just bugs me ever so slightly.

Anyway,thoughts?
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Satoru Feb 11, 2014 @ 5:18pm 
The games are F2P so how are you going to control drop and control account smurfing unless you do that,.
FFL2and3rocks Feb 11, 2014 @ 5:30pm 
Magicka Wizard Wars isn't a F2P game.
FFL2and3rocks

"Magicka: Wizard Wars will eventually be FREE to play" Direct quote from the steam page,as I dident buy it at all.

Satoru

Well TF2 and DoTA did do it succesfully,but I'd almost suggest making the cards have no value what so ever,and using them for trade in the F2P commuinity
Satoru Feb 11, 2014 @ 6:12pm 
I don't see the problem, both games use the same method as TF2/DOTA2. You spend $9 on Dugeonland and you get a card.

WIzardWars costs $13 unless you got it for free via the War ofth Roses Promo. SO that isn't F2P yet so you can't 'farm' it regardless
Last edited by Satoru; Feb 11, 2014 @ 6:13pm
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2014 @ 5:03pm