DonVonHulio Feb 10 @ 2:31am
Im glad Greenlight is going away.
Now games will have to resort back to the old, true Alpha/Beta's. And it also means the Store Front will be filled wil legitament titles instead of bloat.

Ace Combat Infinity just came out as a Beta for PS3 and is avalable until the 11th. They didnt charge for anything. Boosters are free, all the cosmetics are free, everything is free.... because its a Beta and its a Test.... not a product.
Last edited by DonVonHulio; Feb 10 @ 2:31am
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Skyline-R34 Feb 10 @ 2:40am 
I think comparing Steam to PSN is a very long discussion, so im not going to get into it.
PSN demos/betas are always free.
Gus the Crocodile Feb 10 @ 2:41am 
Greenlight and Early Access are not the same thing. Only the first one is going away, thankfully. Steam will still be selling in-development games. Feel free to not buy them.
DonVonHulio Feb 10 @ 2:50am 
Originally posted by Gus the Crocodile:
Greenlight and Early Access are not the same thing. Only the first one is going away, thankfully. Steam will still be selling in-development games. Feel free to not buy them.

Yes i know this. When i buy an in development game i basically ask myself, "Does it currently have enough features" because the game is likely to not change a whole lot when its a dev ive never heard of... they will just get the game breaking glitches fixed (hopefully), but the content of the game will be roughly the same in my experience. Sometimes i choose wrong and end up with an unsupported pile or poo.

Originally posted by Skyline-R34:
I think comparing Steam to PSN is a very long discussion, so im not going to get into it.
PSN demos/betas are always free.
In my perfect world, if its not finished it doesnt have market value.
Skyline-R34 Feb 10 @ 2:56am 
May I remind you of one of your reviews.
"Very good game. Started out rough, but with every update it becomes even more enjoyable then the first installment."

You may already realise that most PC games are not released in their finished form, and have many updates. Many are never finished.
DonVonHulio Feb 10 @ 3:06am 
Originally posted by Skyline-R34:
May I remind you of one of your reviews.
"Very good game. Started out rough, but with every update it becomes even more enjoyable then the first installment."

You may already realise that most PC games are not released in their finished form, and have many updates. Many are never finished.

I did that review for AS2. I have AS1 as well and it was a well built game and i had confidence in the devs that it would be seen through and supported to the end of production and beyond.

My point is, Greenlight is being erased which means less crappy games in general. Majority of the games i see in Greenlight should be on New grounds for free, not on Steam.

Edit: I was not aware that NG was a slur. lol
Last edited by DonVonHulio; Feb 10 @ 3:07am
Gus the Crocodile Feb 10 @ 3:29am 
If the community in general agreed that these games weren't worth paying for, they wouldn't pay for them. If Valve agreed they shouldn't be on Steam, they wouldn't allow them. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I and many others who don't have identical tastes to you are glad we don't live in your perfect world.

As it happens, I'm glad Greenlight is disappearing too, but for the opposite reason. Are you aware that it's shutting down in favour of less centralised control, not more? Valve wants control of the store opened up, not closed off.
Pocket Feb 10 @ 1:17pm 
Yeah, from what I heard, Greenlight is going away because Valve WANTS literally anyone to be able to dump their crappy unfinished game on Steam without any oversight. Because apparently they consider Google Play, with its selection of viruses masquerading as apps, to be the gold standard for digital stores.
Silv3r9 Feb 10 @ 1:36pm 
Originally posted by Pocket:
Yeah, from what I heard, Greenlight is going away because Valve WANTS literally anyone to be able to dump their crappy unfinished game on Steam without any oversight. Because apparently they consider Google Play, with its selection of viruses masquerading as apps, to be the gold standard for digital stores.

Basically this They make it sound prettier though.

I really wish more peeps were aware of this BEFORE it actually happens to avoid all the drama that will surely follow...but hell, what am I thinking? These are the Steam forums after all and drama is part of the experience.
DonVonHulio Feb 10 @ 3:14pm 
And i had my hopes up for no reason.... why dont they just like pay people to review a program before it goes on the market. Yea it may be slow, but at least there will be some form of filtering and hell its a job... people always complaining about jobs, well heres an idea.
Mantis Feb 10 @ 7:36pm 
Maybe if Valve implement some kind of review scoring system, we wouldn't have as much to worry about. Like how you can sort Amazon products by average product review scores. But of course, bad developers could exploit that which is a disadvantage.
Seven Feb 15 @ 9:59am 
I've never used it.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 10 @ 2:31am