Duflunx Feb 9 @ 5:01pm
steam not able to connect to internet
I am having trouble trying to get steam to connect to the internet. I just bought RTW 2 and I can not play it because I can't get connect to the internet....please someone help me out.

Much appreciated!!

Duflunx
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
WhereIsBusmin Feb 9 @ 6:20pm 
A couple of things that sometimes corrects that error are you can try broswsing to your Steam folder and deleting everything except for your Steam.exe file and SteamApps folder, or try refreshing your Steam files. Neither are guaranteed fixes but they're relatively simple to try.
Duflunx Feb 10 @ 2:37pm 
I have tried that before where you do the window button + r and it still say's that I can't do anything without connected to the internet
WhereIsBusmin Feb 10 @ 4:49pm 
Did you try the other suggestion?
Duflunx Feb 10 @ 7:09pm 
yes I have. the other ideas make so dang sense anyways. could you hep me more this this issue?
Anymore ideas?
WhereIsBusmin Feb 10 @ 7:15pm 
Have you gone through these steps?: Steam Support > Troubleshooting Network Connectivity

Can you also specify the exact error message you're getting? It would help to know as there are quite a few Steam messages related to connection issues.
Duflunx Feb 10 @ 7:17pm 
when I click on steam it says you need to be connect to a network to update
WhereIsBusmin Feb 10 @ 7:20pm 
Originally posted by Duflunx:
when I click on steam it says you need to be connect to a network to update

This page exists on the Steam Support site: Steam Support > Fatal Error: Steam needs to be online to update

But since you've already done the fix mentioned there, you should try going through the Troubleshooting Network Connectivity steps.
Duflunx Feb 10 @ 7:32pm 
I have windows 8 and I am having a very hard time trying to do this
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 9 @ 5:01pm