Deadman1 1. feb. 2014 kl. 13:51
Changing computer
How about an easier way when I go from one computer in the house to another without all the email code stuff.. Should be able to use Modem IP.. they can tell if more than one game running at a time.. Or something simple..
< >
Viser 1-7 af 7 kommentarer
WhereIsBusmin 1. feb. 2014 kl. 14:00 
Isn't there a "Remember this computer" option when you input the Steam Guard code so it remembers the computer until you deauthorize it?
Deadman1 1. feb. 2014 kl. 14:03 
Yes, but it doesn't work well. If you go to another locatioon and sign in it seems to not pay much attention to the remember this computer and starts with the email and the code thing.. guess they don't want 2 computers playing the same game at the same time unless you purchase for both..
Kargor 1. feb. 2014 kl. 14:58 
You are mixing things up.

Authorizing a computer is just that: it authorizes a phyiscal machine, on a single user account, for a single Steam account. In case of the website, it's also "per browser" (since browsers don't share cookies).

The "Remember me" checkbox is merely for website logins. That's an entirely different thing and never triggers Steam guard.

Thus, if you have 10 computers, you have to authorize 10 computers independently. Or even 20 "computers", since the Steam client doesn't share this authorization with the website. However, once you're done with that you'll not see this again (except for the website -- I think the cookie will expire after some time).
Deadman1 1. feb. 2014 kl. 16:35 
Thats what I'm saying.. pain in the arse and you have to resign in to get on the website.. If I am signed into the game I should be signed into the web at the same time. not a problem to do that, just lazy on their part

Sidst redigeret af Deadman1; 1. feb. 2014 kl. 16:36
 KARR™ 2. feb. 2014 kl. 0:46 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Deadman:
Thats what I'm saying.. pain in the arse and you have to resign in to get on the website.. If I am signed into the game I should be signed into the web at the same time. not a problem to do that, just lazy on their part

It's not lazy. Every computer on that connection would share the same external IP address, you want them ALL to auto log you into YOUR account? Even the one that your younger brother/sister is using? What if they are also using Steam...? What then?
ReBoot 2. feb. 2014 kl. 2:38 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Deadman:
This is not how it works. When you log in using the browser, the browser can't identify your system the way Steam does. At the end of day, the web site stores a cookie. You have to verify ONCE. Only ONCE per PC. If you have to verify all the time, something's wrong with your cookie store.
Kargor 2. feb. 2014 kl. 3:08 
Oprindeligt skrevet af ReBoot:
This is not how it works. When you log in using the browser, the browser can't identify your system the way Steam does. At the end of day, the web site stores a cookie. You have to verify ONCE. Only ONCE per PC. If you have to verify all the time, something's wrong with your cookie store.

The cookie store is probably working just fine -- it's paranoia. People heard that cookies can be used to "track" them, and that this is "evil", and that they should disable cookies so they can't be tracked anymore, or delete them frequently. Those suggestions usually skip the fine print about lots of other things breaking.
Sidst redigeret af Kargor; 2. feb. 2014 kl. 3:08
< >
Viser 1-7 af 7 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato opslået: 1. feb. 2014 kl. 13:51