RedMagikarp Jan 31 @ 12:33pm
Kingdoms of Amalur CD Key
So Steam has KoAR on sale this weekend and Ive been waiting for a price drop on this game for forever, and now I cant even play it because it keeps giving me this Key Server error, I looked it up and basically it means they have been selling the game but dont have enough cd keys somehow. This is ridiculous. What am I supposed to do? Just let Steam bend me over and screw me and take my money without actually letting me play the game I bought? Come on. Is there really nothing I can do about this?
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Kablam0 Jan 31 @ 1:44pm 
This does happen periodically and it really does suck. The crazy thing is that Steam never even requires you to enter the cd-key at all (I bought the KoA collection yesterday). All I can suggest is that you submit a support ticket with a polite (grudgingly I know) expression of your dismay.
Mojo Jan 31 @ 4:50pm 
Tengo el mismo problema, no se puede conectar al servidor de claves de Kindom of amalur
DJ Alborz Jan 31 @ 5:45pm 
Yup, they have put up a warning now which says:

We have sold out of keys for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. We are working with the Publisher to acquire additional keys, when we receive those keys we will put the game back up for sale.
Jade Jan 31 @ 6:25pm 
Originally posted by Joh Mahmah:
This does happen periodically and it really does suck. The crazy thing is that Steam never even requires you to enter the cd-key at all (I bought the KoA collection yesterday). All I can suggest is that you submit a support ticket with a polite (grudgingly I know) expression of your dismay.
It doesn't matter whether you have to enter the CD key anywhere or not.

Steam is a DRM. They don't just give you a game, they give you a licence to play a game. The CD key is basically that licence. If they don't have any more keys, there's nothing they can give you.

Contacting support will not make the CD key come any faster. Valve has to wait for the publisher to get them more keys.
Kablam0 Jan 31 @ 8:30pm 
Keys are up (for most I 'Reckon'), and the game is back on sale on the storepage. You shouldn't have any issue running the game now op.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 31 @ 12:33pm