HeadShotKing Jan 28 @ 2:37pm
No games will save.
none of my games will save is there a way to fix this? I have windows 7.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Muppet among Puppets Jan 29 @ 12:12am 
Which games? What happens?
HeadShotKing Jan 29 @ 3:03am 
all games,they wont save.
Muppet among Puppets Jan 29 @ 3:06am 
Give some examples.
Because as far as all games, they all save here.
When did it start? What happened around that time?
HeadShotKing Jan 29 @ 3:10am 
since I got my new pc,the 'my games' folder in documents is were the games are supposed to save,but they dont,ive tried un checking the read only tick box but it changes itself back for some reason.
HeadShotKing Jan 29 @ 3:26am 
does anyone know how to fix this?
Muppet among Puppets Jan 29 @ 7:40am 
What happens if you untick it, press apply, but not ok and not closing that window?

Since when does it automatically write protect itself?

What is with games that dont save to that location?
HeadShotKing Jan 29 @ 8:53am 
so your saying i have to leave that window open all the time? it is a new pc and all the steam games save to that location.
Muppet among Puppets Jan 29 @ 8:58am 
No they dont do it all.
And no, just for testing
HeadShotKing Jan 29 @ 9:24am 
I dont think ill ever find a way to fit it nobody seems to know anything,ill just have to sell it and buy a ps4.
Muppet among Puppets Jan 29 @ 9:44am 
If you really think that way, probably you would be more happy with a console.

Its not normal that such a folder is write protected against the users decision. Thats why people cant say, hey just do this.
Thats why you need to test what happens if you keep the window open after pressing apply to untick, and test a game. (Maybe it would be usefull to say a games name, so people can tell where it would save to).

The freedom of pc goes along with a specific amount of uncertainity. But its still based on freedom.
HeadShotKing Jan 29 @ 10:39am 
borderlands 2 and farcry 3
HeadShotKing Jan 29 @ 10:43am 
could it be that the company I bought it off installed windows 7 for me under their own account?
Touching Hair Jan 29 @ 11:42am 
The files may be being saved else where. Not all applications save their data in /documents/
Muppet among Puppets Jan 29 @ 11:45am 
Originally posted by oGHeadShotKing:
could it be that the company I bought it off installed windows 7 for me under their own account?
Thats something strange and also unique enough circumstance that could explain your unique problem.
penpenfoli Feb 2 @ 8:41pm 
same problem here with xcom enemy within
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 28 @ 2:37pm