Ця тема закрита
If I bought Valve Complete Pack while I already have some of the games in it..
So Summer Sale's here and I got my eyes on Valve Complete Pack. But I already have CS GO and L4D2 (which is on the pack). And I know that if I buy the pack, it will activated all of the games. So what would happen if I bought them? Will I get the gift copy for the game that I already have? Or will it dissapear just like that making my purchase pretty much a waste on both of those game? Thanks in advance.
< >
Показані коментарі 14 із 4
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656&l=english

Going by that article, you will not get extra copies.

However, it may no be a waste. Look at the games you don't own and figure out how much it would be to buy them individually. If the amount is less then the pack, that means the pack may still be worth getting, even with out the extra copies.
Цитата допису Spawn of Totoro:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656&l=english

Going by that article, you will not get extra copies.

However, it may no be a waste. Look at the games you don't own and figure out how much it would be to buy them individually. If the amount is less then the pack, that means the pack may still be worth getting, even with out the extra copies.
Thanks for the fast reply. Well that's a bummer. I hope they'll rethink about this kind of stuff so people won't hesitate to buy a non-bundle games.
Not likely as the bundle tends to be hugely discounted already. If they did something like that, the bundle would probably cost more.
Yeah, part of why Steam "works" is because they have policies like this -- packages can't be split, games can't be transferred to other people.

From a publishers perspective, it's much more attractive to offer a bundle at a nice discount if they KNOW that this bundle isn't going to flood the market with the individual games.

You can already see that in your own case: you want to buy a massively discounted bundle, and give away your duplicates to people who will no longer be buying these games
Автор останньої редакції: Kargor; 20 черв. 2014 о 8:18
< >
Показані коментарі 14 із 4
На сторінку: 1530 50

Опубліковано: 19 черв. 2014 о 22:06
Дописів: 4