dirtyblacksocks Jun 19 @ 10:53am
There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.
Errors within an hour of the summer sale starting, can't purchase anything - thanks Steam, thanks so much.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
SuperCheesus Jun 19 @ 2:30pm 
same here. I've read from older posts that this happens sometimes during sales because of all the traffic so I'm hoping it will get fixed on its own. I got a $50 steam code for this and can't buy games. It sucks bad
Britannic Jun 19 @ 3:09pm 
Been about 40 minutes and I still can't buy anything either.
SuperCheesus Jun 19 @ 3:10pm 
I've been trying for 4 hours now. It's ridiculous.
<FPG> Socialz Jun 20 @ 12:59am 
When Steam's or the selected payment option's servers are overloaded of requests to accept a session, it will simply pop up that error. Unfortunately there is not much you can do about it except try again later.
Apocalyptic_Soothsayer Jun 20 @ 2:08am 
I`m having the same problem here and already lost the valve complete pack promotion + Payday 2 sale. I hope you get rid of this problem soon, steam. (I tried 2 times in an interval of 5 hours)
India-Actual Jun 20 @ 7:13am 
You would think that they would be prepared for this event since it happens every year and they have had a year to prepare since the last one.
SuperCheesus Jun 20 @ 8:24am 
It worked for me yesterday from my phone... on my data plan if that helps at all.
SuperCheesus Jun 20 @ 8:30am 
I'm not sure why but I just tried again from my computer and couldn't get it to work. Went again to my phone. Turned my wifi off and data on and bam! got payday 2. I'm on comcast btw so there might be something wrong with them.
India-Actual Jun 20 @ 8:32am 
yeah same here used my phone and the message went away
Mister Bubbles Jun 20 @ 8:34am 
Originally posted by Dyllon777:
You would think that they would be prepared for this event since it happens every year and they have had a year to prepare since the last one.
What sort of 'preparation' would you expect for them to do to cater for hundreds if not tens of thousands of connections all trying to then comunicate with the banks?
El.Haj.Hidden.Shadøw Jun 20 @ 8:37am 
!
India-Actual Jun 20 @ 8:39am 
Originally posted by Companion Cube:
Originally posted by Dyllon777:
What sort of 'preparation' would you expect for them to do to cater for hundreds if not tens of thousands of connections all trying to then comunicate with the banks?

They shouldn't need to communicate with a bank if i have money in my Steam wallet so it shouldn't be affected if i am buying stuff with Steam money
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 19 @ 10:53am