Salvego Jun 17, 2014 @ 12:25pm
My review has suddenly vanished from store page
I wrote a review on dec 8th for Batman Arkham Origins and it was a negative review, I mean, I didn't recommend the game in my review. Here's the link:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/salvego/recommended/209000/

The review was written in Brazilian-Portuguese and is suposed to be shown on its Brazilian store page. And it did. For a long time my review was one of the most commented of the store page. I still have 76% of users considering my review helpful, from 186 users.

Here's the link of the Brazilian store page:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/209000?l=brazilian

Now out of the blue my review vanished from the store page. As you can see, the most helpful review on the page has only 37 user reviews.

My review is public and everyone still can see it on the reviews section of the game, but it's not being shown on the Brazilian store page. And here's the question: maybe my review was flagged by the publisher? Should I open a support ticket? A bug? Someone had this problem?

It's not a big deal. It's just because I spend a lot of time writing my reviews, mostly to show the games potentials and flaws. I just would like to know why my review disappered.

Anyone? Thanks in advance!
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Spawn of Totoro Jun 17, 2014 @ 12:47pm 
I just checked on it. I see it there and it isn't banned or anything.

I've seen this happen to other reviews that are on store pages too. Seems a bit random and it goes both ways. Positive replaced by a negative and vice versa.

If I filter to negative only, I see it as the first one listed.
Salvego Jun 17, 2014 @ 12:54pm 
Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
I just checked on it. I see it there and it isn't banned or anything.

I've seen this happen to other reviews that are on store pages too. Seems a bit random and it goes both ways. Positive replaced by a negative and vice versa.

If I filter to negative only, I see it as the first one listed.

Thanks for your answer!

Yep you are right. I can see my review on the negative tab.
Is there something I can do? Do you think I should care?

Actually I'm a bit worried if my review has been "somehow" removed from the most helpful reviews...
Spawn of Totoro Jun 17, 2014 @ 1:02pm 
I wouldn't worry. Not much that can be done. You could submit a support ticket and inform them of a possible issue, but that is all I can think of.

I am not aware of any way to remove a review from the most helpful list that wouldn't out-right remove the review.

Could be they tweaked the system a bit so others can get their reviews read too. That way the same people will not always show up first on the store page. This lets others have a change to help others.
Salvego Jun 17, 2014 @ 1:10pm 
Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
I wouldn't worry. Not much that can be done. You could submit a support ticket and inform them of a possible issue, but that is all I can think of.

I am not aware of any way to remove a review from the most helpful list that wouldn't out-right remove the review.

Could be they tweaked the system a bit so others can get their reviews read too. That way the same people will not always show up first on the store page. This lets others have a change to help others.

Thank you so much. I'm much relieved now.

My best regards. :)
Satoru Jun 17, 2014 @ 1:10pm 
As time goes on reviews lose their weight and can eventually drop off in terms of relevance.
Black Blade Jun 17, 2014 @ 3:32pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:
As time goes on reviews lose their weight and can eventually drop off in terms of relevance.
O so its also abut the weight it gots?
Well thanks i was missing that link in the chain i try to build on why it happens..

And @op just want to point these out:
Q. My game or software has changed a lot since it launched. Will reviews reflect that?
A. The reviews that are shown most prominently on your store page are selected from recently-written reviews, which should reflect the current state of your game or software.
And as i think you can guess the most seen one is the Most helpful page

Source: Abut Reviews under "For Developers" in the FAQ
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jun 17, 2014 @ 12:25pm
Posts: 6